PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Rare Genuine Pentax Reconverter A

Asking Price
$195 US

Item Location
So Calif (United States)

Item Description
For Sale GENUINE Pentax "A" Reconverter in perfect condition. Purchased a few years ago from Peter Zack a Forum Moderator. This is a fantastic aid for macro critical focus work and table-top projects. It provides a variable magnification option of 1X or 2X with a toggle wheel. All metal. Build is in the traditional quality Pentax style. The optics just slip over the standard eye piece on any later Pentax 35MM film or digital SLR. The optics are great with a wide smooth focus adjustment. Please do not confuse this with the cheapo Chinese fits-all reconverters. Peter added a wide rubber eye piece that works well. Below is the original ad from Peter and nothing has changed except location:

Pentax Refconverter-A / Right Angle Finder A with 1x or 2x Magnification

Item for Sale
Pentax Refconverter-A / Right Angle Finder A with 1x or 2x Magnification

Asking Price
195.00 USD Incl Shipping to NA

Shipping Destinations
North America

Item Description
This is the original Ref A right angle finder. I've added a rubber eye cup to the finder which can be easily removed but I just found it worked even better in bright light.

A must have for close up and macro work or where fine detail focusing is important. I've used it quite a bit over the years and got it back when I had a PZ-1P. At that time it cost over $400 CAD ($429.00 if I remember correctly). They have removed the selling price but the last time I saw it listed on B&H's site, it was 369.00 USD. I can't find any recent Ebay sales or anywhere else as it's been disco'd for awhile. I remember one selling on Ebay back in the spring for just over $300.00.

Much better unit than the Chinese knock off versions. I'm only selling to fund a couple of personal issues here.

Optics are clean and clear. No issues at all with the unit. I don't know if I still have the box and I'll look to see if it's available. If so I'll include it.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/pentax-refconverter.html

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Please PM me if interested and not Pete. I will not be able to respond next week so there may be a delay in getting back to you.

Thanks for looking.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
$5

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No return. I do guarantee this to be as described in new-like operating appearance and condition. Item is guaranteed PayPal sale, USPS insurance and will be professionally packaged. Please check seller's Market Feedback on this forum.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Phil1; 11-25-2012 at 11:17 AM.
11-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Can you please tell me the difference between the A and the M models?
Thanks,
11-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Original Poster
The Ashi "M" model has a screw in full threaded mount for the very old series camera bodies (film).

It fits from the film LX all the way up on DSLs but not the larger format Pentaxes.. It slides over the two vertical slots (horse shoe style mount similar to a flash top mount) on the eye piece (w/out a rubber shield). The (vertical) wide deminsion is 15/16" by eye ball measurement. It worked on my LX and K20D fine. Below is from the Forum Accessory Review Section:

Description:
The reconverter A (essentially a right-angle finder ) turns the viewfinder viewing angle 90 degrees and is a convenient accessory for situations where it is difficult to get the eye to the viewfinder. The refconverter rotates aound the viewfinder eyepiece. It has a built in, variable diopter correction and it can be switched between 1x and 2x magnification.

It fits all Pentax K-mount DSLRs and most Pentax film cameras (from the M-series and onwards). These cameras have a slightly larger viewfinder frame than the M42 and initial K-mount film cameras (K2, KX, KM, K1000).

---------- Post added 11-25-2012 at 04:17 PM ----------

Reconverter is sold pending payment

Last edited by Phil1; 11-25-2012 at 05:18 PM.
11-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
The Ashi "M" model has a screw in full threaded mount for the very old series camera bodies (film).

It fits from the film LX all the way up on DSLs but not the larger format Pentaxes.. It slides over the two vertical slots (horse shoe style mount similar to a flash top mount) on the eye piece (w/out a rubber shield). The (vertical) wide deminsion is 15/16" by eye ball measurement. It worked on my LX and K20D fine. Below is from the Forum Accessory Review Section:

Description:
The reconverter A (essentially a right-angle finder ) turns the viewfinder viewing angle 90 degrees and is a convenient accessory for situations where it is difficult to get the eye to the viewfinder. The refconverter rotates aound the viewfinder eyepiece. It has a built in, variable diopter correction and it can be switched between 1x and 2x magnification.

It fits all Pentax K-mount DSLRs and most Pentax film cameras (from the M-series and onwards). These cameras have a slightly larger viewfinder frame than the M42 and initial K-mount film cameras (K2, KX, KM, K1000).

---------- Post added 11-25-2012 at 04:17 PM ----------

Reconverter is sold pending payment

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply.

11-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Original Poster
Reconverter has been sold. Thanks for looking.