PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar 5600 flashes (2) with Pentax and Canon TTL

Asking Price
75 obo

Item Location
Boulder, CO (United States)

Item Description
I am selling two Vivitar 5600 System flashes as a kit, including a High Power Zoom Head and a Bare Bulb head. Kit also includes a PPG/1 battery/hand grip and camera bracket and a DSC-3 hot shoe off-camera cable.

The cable and hand grip let you hold the unit about three feet away from the camera and point it in any direction. It has a quick release to connect and disconnect quickly from the bracket mounted to the tripod screw hole.

I have one Pentax TTL base adapter and one Canon base adapter. The Pentax one worked well with my LX and other film SLRs in the 1980s to use the camera's meter for TTL flash metering. I don't know how well it would work with modern Pentax cameras. I'm pretty sure it will still work well with an LX and similar vintage camera. There are four flash power settings: Auto (uses flashes meter), M/TTL (for TTL metering or full-power), 1/4, and 1/16.

I tried the Canon base with my brand new Canon G12 and it did not sync properly, but manual and auto definitely worked.

The zoom head tilts and swivels and has settings of Wide (around 24), 35, 50, and Tele (probably around 100). As I recall, the zoom head is motorized, controlled by a four-setting switch in the unit, but this does not work now.

The bare-bulb head is what really makes it a great system. Bare-bulb will shine in all directions, giving both diffuse, reflected light and direct-to-subject light for definition. It has a slave setting, so one of the two units can control the other.

With fresh batteries in both the unit and the hand grip, it will recycle from full discharge in less than five seconds.

There is duct tape around the DSC-3 cable where it meets the box; an old attempt to reduce wear on it. Kinda ugly.

I think it would be a cool system for the right person. I used it extensively and loved the results.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
20 for priority mail w. Insurance; other service negotiable.

Shipping Services
USPS, FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return only if shown defective within one week.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Gnurps; 03-30-2013 at 01:16 PM.