Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Pentax-F 70-210 f/4-5.6 zoom lens

I bought this lens locally a month again with the intention of replacing my DA 50-200 zoom as this lens has a great reputation (plus it can be used on film!) It was a bit dusty inside, so I bit the bullet and paid $84 to get a professional cleaning that removed almost all the dust (there are a few bits still inside).

Anyway, I used it for a bit, but I prefer the DA 50-200 due to weight, so I have it for sale!

Aperture is VERY VERY snappy. Zoom is as smooth as my 50-200. Focus makes a clicking noise when you turn the focus ring quickly - It doesnt seem like anything is skipping inside as the focus screw on the mount turns very smoothly without any stutters, skips or stops. This is my first F lens so I dont know if all F lens do that or not. Focusing with my K10 and *istDL seems normal and precise - albeit loud. I bought this lens from the original owner along with a manual focus Superprogram, so I assume this lens was never used on an Autofocus body before I purchased it.

Cosmetically, barrel shows some wear as expected with a lens of this age. Front and rear elements are perfect with no scratches, fungus, haze. As I mentioned above, there still is some dust inside - a few bits, but NOTHING that will effect image quality whatsoever! Some paint loss at the front where the retaining rings were removed to gain access to the front elements.

I think ive explained it enough! Comes with both original front and rear caps.

$175 + 3% paypal + shipping. I will ship worldwide.

I'm hopefully looking to sell this lens before I fly out to Toronto on Saturday, so I would box and ship tommorow if purchased today. Otherwise, if you live in Barrie Ontario - You can pick up the lens on Saturday Afternoon, or if you live in the GTA, then you can pick up during the week. One more OTHERWISE - if you live in Victoria, then you can pick up on Friday before I fly out! If we meet locally, you can pay cash with no paypal fee or pickup fee or any of that kind of crap that we all hate.

Pictures Below