PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-30 with Sigma 50-150 f2.8, Sigma 30 f1.4

Asking Price
see inside

Item Location
NYC (United States)

Item Description

update: 30/1.4 is sold. Thanks. Now only the K-30 and DA35/2.4 are left.
update: 50-150 IS SOLD. Thanks.

First, I really wanted to keep the Pentax gears but I found that I was using E-M5 more and more, and I have 4 m43 bodies already. I can let the K-30 combo sit in the closet, but just in case someone wants this combo.

There is a reason I want to sell these together. I sent the Sigma 50-150 with K-30 to Sigma for AF adjustment like many others did. If you buy this 50-150 lens separately, I don't know if you can do the adjustment by yourself on your camera if it is out of range. The other Sigma 30/1.4 lens is easy to adjust. There is a little bit difference after I adjusted on K-30 with -3. As I said, I really want to sell these as a whole package.

I am the original owner. K-30 is bought from Pentax Singapore 5 months ago, Sigma 30/1.4 4 months ago from Unique Photo, Sigma 50-150 is from the last batch of Sigma refurbished sale this year which was practically new. I didn't use them much. The shutter count is less than 1000, I don't remember the exact number, might be less than 600. All lenses are clean, no dust and no scratches.

I have a Pentax AF360 flash like new and a DA35 f2.4 lens in perfect condition too. Well until the big combo goes I will hold on these small guys.

So I am thinking the combo price is like K-30+Sigma 50-150+Sigma 30/1.4 = 550+750+300=1600, plus 30 for insurance and shipping. If you are really interested, I can add AF360 or DA35/2.4 for a good price too.

Wait, did I say I have 4 m43 bodies? Well I can give out an E-PL2 body for free with the 1600 combo. The K-30 has two extra batteries.

Some pictures are attached. You want to see the 30/1.4 or other things, just let me know.

Thanks!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
included

Shipping Services
USPS or Fedex

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns unless DOA

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Last edited by metalmania; 12-13-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: 50-150 sold. add pics
12-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
HSV
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
PM sent!
12-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
This is weird, it seems like I have a clone out there selling my same camera equipment. Somebody should buy this, and quickly.

I also own the Sigma 50-150mm and 30mm 1.4 with my K-30 (which also came from Singapore!), and they are two great lenses. And the prices here are very reasonable. And since the 50-150mm is almost impossible to find, that makes the deal even sweeter. And the fact that the lenses have already been professionally calibrated to the camera is the cherry on top. I had to pay shipping and be without my camera for a week to have my Sigma lenses calibrated, but it was well worth it.

I also agree with the seller's desire to sell the camera and lenses together since they have been calibrated to each other. It would be a shame to break them up. I tried to calibrate all my Sigma lenses to my camera myself, but I found that the K-30 does not provide enough correction in some cases, and the corrections that are provided are too coarse for true fine-tuning. If I were to sell my gear, I would also first try to avoid splitting the equipment up, even if it meant I had to take a little less money. Even if somebody already has a K-30, they should consider buying this bundle and selling their old K-30.

It's also very cool that he's throwing in a nice m43 body. I also own an Olympus m43 camera (E-P1 w/17mm f2.8 pancake) and it gets quite a bit of use since I don't always feel like lugging the big camera and lenses around. Although the older m43 sensors can't touch the K-30, they are still very nice and are light years ahead of point & shoots. I just love the pictures I get from my Olympus.

Also like the seller, I've contemplated selling my Pentax gear and going to the E-M5, but the lack of fast, affordable, high-quality m43 zoom lenses has prevented me. I came very, very close to buying an E-M5 instead of my K-30, but there's just no way I could live without my Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 and Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8! The Tamron is my studio workhorse, and the 50-150mm is the ultimate lens for photographing my daughters' dance, ballet, and gymnastics.
12-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks, Edgar. I only use prime lenses on E-M5 but I heard the rumor that the Oly 50-150 f/2.8 will be out. I will get that instead of Pana 35-100 f/2.8.

12-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
The Sigma 50-150 is a great lens!! And very rare too. faster autofocus than the DA* 50-135 although you lose out on weather sealing. I'm very happy with my copy and feel lucky to own it!
12-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
have the combo as well
I really like the 50-150mm, I need a little AF adjust but found most of the time using LV gives me sharp and clear focus.
May I ask how long does it take for Sigma to tune the lens?

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
This is weird, it seems like I have a clone out there selling my same camera equipment. Somebody should buy this, and quickly.

I also own the Sigma 50-150mm and 30mm 1.4 with my K-30 (which also came from Singapore!), and they are two great lenses. And the prices here are very reasonable. And since the 50-150mm is almost impossible to find, that makes the deal even sweeter. And the fact that the lenses have already been professionally calibrated to the camera is the cherry on top. I had to pay shipping and be without my camera for a week to have my Sigma lenses calibrated, but it was well worth it.

I also agree with the seller's desire to sell the camera and lenses together since they have been calibrated to each other. It would be a shame to break them up. I tried to calibrate all my Sigma lenses to my camera myself, but I found that the K-30 does not provide enough correction in some cases, and the corrections that are provided are too coarse for true fine-tuning. If I were to sell my gear, I would also first try to avoid splitting the equipment up, even if it meant I had to take a little less money. Even if somebody already has a K-30, they should consider buying this bundle and selling their old K-30.

It's also very cool that he's throwing in a nice m43 body. I also own an Olympus m43 camera (E-P1 w/17mm f2.8 pancake) and it gets quite a bit of use since I don't always feel like lugging the big camera and lenses around. Although the older m43 sensors can't touch the K-30, they are still very nice and are light years ahead of point & shoots. I just love the pictures I get from my Olympus.

Also like the seller, I've contemplated selling my Pentax gear and going to the E-M5, but the lack of fast, affordable, high-quality m43 zoom lenses has prevented me. I came very, very close to buying an E-M5 instead of my K-30, but there's just no way I could live without my Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 and Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8! The Tamron is my studio workhorse, and the 50-150mm is the ultimate lens for photographing my daughters' dance, ballet, and gymnastics.
12-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jasonfoxfire Quote
have the combo as well
I really like the 50-150mm, I need a little AF adjust but found most of the time using LV gives me sharp and clear focus.
3 days. I sent it on Friday, got it back on Monday. Perhaps it is because Sigma is located in Long Island.
12-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by jasonfoxfire Quote
I'm in Indiana and I've been through the camera/lens calibration two times with Sigma...first with my K-x, and then with my K-30. I used the New York service center both times. In the first instance, they calibrated the lenses to the camera and got everything back in the mail the same day. I received it back two days later via FedEx, with everything perfectly calibrated. The second time they had it a couple days, but that's only because my 100-300mm f4 needed serviced.

When I spoke to Sigma, they said that when somebody sends their camera body together with lenses, they do their best to have the service done the same day.

BTW, you pay for the shipping to Sigma, and they cover the shipping back.