Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 74 (100%)
Kenko K mount Auto Extension Tubes - REDUCED

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-01 black body (SOLD via Ebay), 40mm XS F2.8 - SOLD, SMC-F 50mm F1.7 (SOLD via Ebay, Kenko Auto Extension Tubes

Asking Price
See Description

Item Location
Twin Cities, MN (United States)

Item Description

Kenko K mount Auto Extension tube full set (12mm, 20mm, 36mm) - $110

I purchased these awhile back locally, and found that I don't have much of a need to go beyond 1:1 macro photos. These will get you extremely close up with a true macro lens attached. Yes, these are full auto tubes that communicate aperture between the camera and lens (there is however no autofocus mechanism!). All 3 tubes properly communicate aperture information between camera and lens together and independently. The image below wasn't intended to be a product shot but to show another member that all 3 tubes will function together (see the additional separate post for more details below)

SOLD Via EBAY - Pentax K-01 Black Body plus Sandisk Ultra 16gb card - $280 - SOLD

I've have the camera for about a month now and I love it! Unfortunately I am going to scratch the d600 itch and need to sell a few things to cover that purchase, and the K-01 is on the list. This was purchased as a kit (the 40mm lens is being sold separately below), and is in mint condition. I have taken about 150 photos with the camera. It has no marks or blemishes with the exception of the right side strap lug (due to attaching an o-ring). All of the camera's accessories and box are included, and I am also including a Sandisk Ultra 16gb card.

SOLD via EbayPentax SMC-F 50mm F1.7 - $185 - SOLD

I have owned several of these lenses, and this one is in great shape. The glass is free of any marks on the front/rear elements, and there are absolutely no sign of haze or fungus internally. Cosmetically it is also excellent, with minimal wear for a lens of its age. The aperture blades are also oil free and snappy. Front and rear Pentax caps are included.

SOLD - Pentax 40mm F2.8 XS lens - $148 - SOLD

I got this lens in the kit thinking I would at least give it a shot (I already own the 43mm which is great). What can I say? I think it is a great little lens, and a perfect match to the K-01. For this price you can't go wrong with the 40mm XS! It is mint, with no marks or signs of wear.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes for 40mm and K-01, no for others

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
As with my previous for sale listings, I strive to provide an accurate description of everything I sell. Return will only be accepted if the conditions are found to be inaccurate - no returns are accepted for buyer's remorse! I always ship fully insured and in the event of a claim I will work with the buyer as appropriate (I pack very well, never had a claim in several hundred sales here and ebay - same username). If you have any questions please ask!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by pxpaulx; 12-27-2012 at 05:51 AM.
12-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent.
12-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kuvvet Quote
PM sent.
PMs are being replied to shortly! This issue regarding the extension tubes has been brought up via message: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/138150-auto-extension-tubes-no...ing-k-5-a.html

I replied to the message but will also post here. As stated in the listing, I have used all tubes together on my K-5 and they communicated aperture information. I just tried it again this morning, and initially it did not. After 3-4 attempts of mounting and remounting and adjusting the tubes, they did all work. Based on this, I feel it is simply an issue of the contacts lining up over a total of 4 connections which can give difficulty - but it will work! I also noted it did the same thing on my K100d and K-01, but once it was properly aligned I could remove them and place on the other bodies and they worked correctly. They also worked perfectly individually every time.

Also as noted above, the extension tubes DO NOT autofocus! Auto aperture is the best you're going to get with any dedicated extension tubes.

---------- Post added 12-16-12 at 11:26 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
PMs are being replied to shortly! This issue regarding the extension tubes has been brought up via message: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/138150-auto-extension-tubes-no...ing-k-5-a.html

I replied to the message but will also post here. As stated in the listing, I have used all tubes together on my K-5 and they communicated aperture information. I just tried it again this morning, and initially it did not. After 3-4 attempts of mounting and remounting and adjusting the tubes, they did all work. Based on this, I feel it is simply an issue of the contacts lining up over a total of 4 connections which can give difficulty - but it will work! I also noted it did the same thing on my K100d and K-01, but once it was properly aligned I could remove them and place on the other bodies and they worked correctly. They also worked perfectly individually every time.

Also as noted above, the extension tubes DO NOT autofocus! Auto aperture is the best you're going to get with any dedicated extension tubes.
Bump - photos are coming shortly. Also, when I have added the photos, I am also going to list everything on ebay (at higher prices to cover the additional cost) - things tend to sell faster there even at higher prices. If you have any questions please ask! I would much prefer to sell to a forum member at a lower price than via ebay!
12-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster

---------- Post added 12-16-12 at 11:26 AM ----------

Bump - photos are coming shortly. Also, when I have added the photos, I am also going to list everything on ebay (at higher prices to cover the additional cost) - things tend to sell faster there even at higher prices. If you have any questions please ask! I would much prefer to sell to a forum member at a lower price than via ebay!
Bump - I am open to reasonable offers, and photos have been added!

I will consider shipping internationally as well, however a couple things to note: the full value will be marked both for insurance purposes and on customs forms - no exceptions. Shipping is at cost via USPS Express mail only (I will provide a small credit as domestic shipping is included in the asking price) - use the calculator at www.usps.com for a rough estimate before contacting me. Finally, price is firm for international buyers due to additional time and paypal fee associated with the transaction.

12-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
pm sent
12-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grignolino Quote
pm sent
PM replied - K-01 sold via ebay this morning, 40mm, 50mm and Kenko extension tubes are all available.

---------- Post added 12-18-12 at 05:27 PM ----------

PM replied - K-01 sold via ebay this morning, 40mm, 50mm and Kenko extension tubes are all available.
50mm Sold via ebay this afternoon. 40mm and Extension tubes are still available! I'm getting close to covering my d600 purchase (I have more stuff than necessary for sale)...so when I reach the total I'm likely going to pull the rest of the items - if you're interested in something let me know!
12-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster

---------- Post added 12-18-12 at 05:27 PM ----------

50mm Sold via ebay this afternoon. 40mm and Extension tubes are still available! I'm getting close to covering my d600 purchase (I have more stuff than necessary for sale)...so when I reach the total I'm likely going to pull the rest of the items - if you're interested in something let me know!
Price reduced on the Kenko Extension tubes.
01-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price reduced on the Kenko Extension tubes.
Bump - open to reasonable offers!

01-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump - open to reasonable offers!
I am taking the extension tubes off the for sale market, thanks for looking!