PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax-M 100 2.8 with case

Asking Price
$160 - 140 USD

Item Location
Nebraska (United States)

Item Description
Pentax M 100 2.8 - I listed this lens in "good condition" because it is in excellent condition on the outside (very clean glass and exterior), but it has a tiny mold dot in it and has some noticeable dust in it (picture 3 shows this and I boosted the contrast to emphasize every little one). The little spot has not grown since I have owned it. I have owned it for about 6 months and it has taken wonderful pictures every single time. It is a rare lens (it and the 85 f/2) for the M series, and I probably will regret letting it go (if someone buys it).

The lens also includes the original hood (the 85-100 hood) but it is missing one of the "latches" on it. It still latches fine with one, but doesn't hold on as strong. It will also include a 135-200 Takumar 49mm screw on hood (for a longer hood for DSLR use). It also has the Pentax 100 A 2.8 case for it and original front and rear caps.
I am asking $140 for it. Some may think that is high, and maybe it is, but this thing renders like a dream, focuses like a dream, and its colors are beautiful. It truly is a marvel wide open (I will post some pictures to prove it). I won't go lower than the asking price, because I still use it.

The last two pictures were taken this week. None of the portraits have any post processing, so it demonstrates that it doesn't have any contrast issues (from the mold or dust) on the K-X (wedding flower photos) or on the K-5 (my daughter). The last one in the snow was at Iso 100 2.8 1/1600 and it is very saturated with color. This lens absolutely absorbs colors like no other lens I have used.

$140 Shipped in the US with USPS priority. Outside of the US PM me for shipping price (no returns internationally).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Other (See Listing)

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 day return if item in different than described condition.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by zbrueningsen; 12-31-2012 at 01:12 PM.
12-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 59 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump for this portrait beauty!
12-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Price drop to $140 shipped in the US. It truly is a gem, I'm just becoming more fond of the Rokinon 85 1.4. The Pentax 100 2.8 beats it in colors and sharpness though. Get it while it is still here!
01-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump, lots of inquiries but no takers yet. Good opportunity here!

01-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I can't believe this lens still here. A tiny lens that delivers much more. My favorite 'modelling' lens, sharp, contrast, great 'Pentax' tone. Just imagine the M 50/1.7 with double the FL!
01-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
Payment sent!