Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

 
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member
PaulAndAPentax's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 390
Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Bigma (Sigma 50-500) and 1.4x TC

Hello all:

Well, I have decided to sell my Bigma. First dibs to forum members.

This lens has been well kept and clean. I cleaned it each time I used it. You will see by the photos that the lens is clean. The only area where there is some paint missing is on the tripod mount. See photos. This is the EX RF Model and not the DG model. I actually think this one was better with lens flare. The coating is the only difference. This lens ships with both caps, the lens hood, original box and soft case.

I would like $925.00 shipped anywhere in US. Outside US, I'll sell upon receipt of confirmed US funds and whatever shipping costs for USPS service.

I have a matched Sigma 1.4x tc for sale also. The lens is pretty much MF with the tc attached but I have used AF with it before in bright sunlight. I would like $150 for the tc shipped anywhere in the US. Outside US, I'll sell under same terms as above.

I've enjoyed this lens and had much success with it but it's time to move on to other things.

I'll take money order or paypal. Thanks. I also include some photos I've taken with the Bigma. PM me if interested.


















Last edited by PaulAndAPentax; 02-17-2008 at 07:57 PM.
02-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 531
Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
I wish that you would have decided to sell it a month ago! I would have bought it from you! It is one of the most fantastic lenses that I own!! I cannot praise it highly enough!

Last edited by TomInJax; 02-18-2008 at 06:29 PM.
02-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Buddha Jones's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,591
Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
DAMN!!! I already commited to buying two DA*s. Oh well, there will be a next time.
02-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW
Posts: 217
Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
sent PM

Thnx

02-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member
PaulAndAPentax's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 390
Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
I wish that you would have decided to sell it a month ago! I would have bought it from you! It is one of the most fantastic lenses that I own!! I cannot praise it highly enough!
You're right, Tom. Its a nice lens and I know I am going to miss it!!!
02-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 226
Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Man I would love to have that for an upcoming Air Show. My wife would give me the BOOT if I bought that thing right now. Nice lens!
02-20-2008, 05:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member
PaulAndAPentax's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 390
Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks Cajun...

Lens still available....great lens, fair price. PM me.....
02-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 390
Feedback Score: 22 (100%)
"EX RF Model and not the DG model"

- what is the difference between the RF vs DG? I've been chasing a DG but now this...

02-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #9
Veteran Member
PaulAndAPentax's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 390
Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by akptc Quote
"EX RF Model and not the DG model"

- what is the difference between the RF vs DG? I've been chasing a DG but now this...
DG is the Sigma term for digital. What is means is that the lens has an extra coating for digital cameras because digital sensors are more prone to lens flare. Unless you are shooting directly at the sun with the lens, it probably wouldn't be much of an issue. This particular lens was the older non coated model but was still purchased new. I also have a Sigma 17-70 DG which DOES have the digital coating and I see no difference. The lens still gets flare in circumstances where flare normally occurs.
02-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 531
Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by PaulAndAPentax Quote
DG is the Sigma term for digital. What is means is that the lens has an extra coating for digital cameras because digital sensors are more prone to lens flare. Unless you are shooting directly at the sun with the lens, it probably wouldn't be much of an issue. This particular lens was the older non coated model but was still purchased new. I also have a Sigma 17-70 DG which DOES have the digital coating and I see no difference. The lens still gets flare in circumstances where flare normally occurs.
I read that the difference is in the coating, although your lens is definitely coated. The DG lens has a different coating that most users cannot tell the difference from. I did a search last night and from what I found there is no appreciable difference except to change to Sigma's new naming convention. In other words it is the same as the DG. It works on full frame 35mm and APS-C sized sensors. The flaring issue is debatable. I doubt that anyone will find any difference on either 35mm or APS-C. I haven't found any documentation that says different.
02-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #11
Veteran Member
PaulAndAPentax's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 390
Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
I read that the difference is in the coating, although your lens is definitely coated. The DG lens has a different coating that most users cannot tell the difference from. I did a search last night and from what I found there is no appreciable difference except to change to Sigma's new naming convention. In other words it is the same as the DG. It works on full frame 35mm and APS-C sized sensors. The flaring issue is debatable. I doubt that anyone will find any difference on either 35mm or APS-C. I haven't found any documentation that says different.
Thanks, Tom. I hadn't done that research. I appreciate you taking the time to find that out. I had thought the difference was a none issue. This confirms its (somewhat) a marketing tool for Sigma.
02-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #12
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 201
Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Paul, I have the newer 50-500 in Canon mount as well as a Canon 20D, Nikon D70 etc- you interested in trading for the Bigma (Pentax mount)?

steve@stevenunez.com
02-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #13
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 207
Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Paul, you have a PM!
02-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #14
Veteran Member
PaulAndAPentax's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 390
Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
Steve, you have an email.

qdoan, you have a pm.
02-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #15
Veteran Member
PaulAndAPentax's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 390
Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
In the interests of a quick sale, I'll let the Bigma go for $900.00 shipped in the US and the TC for $125.00 shipped in the US. Outside the US will be slightly more after receipt of confirmed funds. I'd prefer anything but Paypal but I will accept it at this price point. (You lose another 3% for those of you that don't know)

I am getting ready to list on ebay if no sales here. Judging by past auctions, I should get this listed price or slightly more.

Thanks for looking.

These were shot with this lens today:




Last edited by PaulAndAPentax; 02-24-2008 at 01:25 PM.
 

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
1.4x, bigma, clean, lens, model, photos, sigma, tc, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sigma 175-500 vs Bigma 50-500 VAV Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 07-04-2008 01:24 PM
For Sale - Sold: Bigma (Sigma 50-500) with original packaging TomInJax Sold Items 19 05-15-2008 07:57 PM
For Sale - Sold: [FS ]Brand new sigma 50-500 bigma mmzymxf Sold Items 7 05-02-2008 10:45 AM
Sigma 50-500 (Bigma) -spam- Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 04-25-2007 08:00 PM
For Sale - Sold: FS - Sigma 50-500 (Bigma) srk7282 Sold Items 5 04-08-2007 05:56 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top