Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2008, 04:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
[SOLD] [FS] Two M lenses (Australia preferred)

UPDATE: NO LONGER FOR SALE

Hi all,

I have got two Pentax M lenses for sale, M25/f3.5 and M50/1.7.

M28/f3.5 is in excellent working condition, glass very clean, no fungus nor scratches. The lens will come with both front and rear caps. Asking AU$100 including shipping in Australia (I will pay up to AU$10 if shipping overseas)

M50/1.7 is also in good working condition except a little oddity with the focus ring. When you turn the focus ring to either extreme end (ie minimum focus distance or infinity focus), you will be met with a little resistance, which is normal for all lenses. But if you turn just a little harder, the focus ring will keep turning, while the focus stays unchanged. This does not affect picture quality or picture taking.

Apart from that oddity, the glass is very clean, no fungus or scratches. The lens will come with both front and rear caps. I will also throw in Pentax rubber hood for it. Asking AU$85 including shipping in Australia (I will pay up to AU$10 if shipping overseas).

Payment methods: Bank deposit (EFT), bank cheque or cash. I have sold and bought a few lenses on this forum, please check my Feedbacks.

cheers
Kenny

Last edited by kjao; 03-03-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Updated price
03-02-2008, 01:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Updated: price now includes shipping in Australia (or up to AU$10 if shipping overseas).
03-03-2008, 01:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Do you find the 28mm prefers the DS or the K10D? -
Can you point me to some image examples?
I am using a screwmount Tokina 28mm 2.8 at the present and the Pentax bayonet mount is calling to me - LBA? Nah!
03-03-2008, 03:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry Arjay! After having a chat with my wife I have decided to keep collecting my manual prime lenses. I will mark this thread closed after this reply.

As to your questions, I have been using my manual lenses on DS only so far (only got my K10D during x'mas). For some reason I tend to use AF lenses on K10D and manual lenses on DS. I think it might have something to do with reports of K/M lenses under-expose on K10D.

I find 28mm is just about right for me as a "normal" lens. 35mm is a little too tight for me, I find myself taking a few steps backward every time I bring the camera to my eyes. Whereas with 28mm lens, I usually don't have to move =)

I used to own A28/2.8 and currently have M28/3.5 and FA28/2.8. Out of all three, I find A28/2.8 to be the worst performer (could be a lemon), M28/3.5 more (too?) contrasty and quite sharp wide open, and FA28 also quite sharp wide open (maybe just a little tad less sharp than M28/3.5 wide open), AF is pretty fast and color rendering is more to my liking.

cheers
Kenny

03-03-2008, 03:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmm.... does anyone know how to close a thread?

Thanks
Kenny
03-03-2008, 04:36 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Feedback Score: 117 (100%)
I think the mods have to do that but if you delete the pics first (can't do that afterwards) and mark the thread as "sold" the thread automatically closes. A little LBA sellers remorse...
03-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the info, Peter. I will do that.

Not really LBA, more like me turning into a K/M lens collector! =)

cheers
Kenny