Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 85mm 1.8 and 24mm 3.5

See price drops below!

It took me a long time to find these two lenses in such amazing condition, but I have to part with them now to help pay for some other camera purchases. They have been the jewels of my Takumar collection so it's sad to see them go, but I hope some other Pentaxian can get as much joy from them as I did. I expect they would be brilliant on the K-01 and K-30 with their focus peaking. In addition to using them on my Pentax DSLRs I have used mine on the Nex 5n where the focus peaking works perfectly, especially with the narrow DOF of the 85mm. From what I understand, the 85 f1.8 can also be adapted to Canon DSLRs and is quite sought-after among EOS shooters.

Please note that I accept payment by Paypal and I ship only to official Paypal shipping addresses. My prices include tracked shipping to the US or Canada, and I will also cover the cost of the Paypal fees. For overseas buyers: you are welcome to inquire about the lenses, but I must warn you that shipping costs outside of North America are outrageous ($80-$100) so this might make them too costly for you.

Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 85mm f1.8. The most sought-after of all SMC Takumars because of its rarity, wide aperture and exquisitely smooth rendering, perfect for portraits. Check out the reviews of this Pentax masterpiece in the Forum lens reviews. This copy is in excellent + condition. The paint is intact except for a few very small marks on the knurled grip and the Auto-Manual switch. Glass is immaculate with no scratches, cleaning marks or haze. Aperture blades are clean and aperture clicks positively. Focus action is perfectly smooth. Lens comes with genuine Pentax front and rear caps (I’m not sure if the front cap is original but it may be, because it is identical to the plastic cap for the K version of the lens that was released shortly after this version came out). Also includes original leather case which is quite weathered on the outside but still functions well to protect the lens. Price dropped to $375 shipped to US or Canada, and I cover the Paypal fees.

Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 24mm f3.5. A relatively rare wide-angle SMC Tak, especially in such beautiful condition. It has some very slight marks on the paint at the rim where the front lens cap attaches, but other than that I can see no marks on it whatsoever. The glass is spotless. Focus is smooth, aperture rings clean, Man-Auto switch works fine when mounted on camera (when not on camera it locks because the rear cap doesn’t cover the reset pin). Comes with original front and rear caps and leather case which is in very good condition. Price dropped to $175 shipped to US or Canada, plus I cover Paypal fees.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D800  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D800  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D800  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D800  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D800  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D800  Photo 

Last edited by Bazwell; 01-18-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Change in pricing
01-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Bumping it up.
01-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Price drops on both lenses!
01-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 36 (100%)
Payment Sent for both. Thanks!

01-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sunny16 Quote
Payment Sent for both. Thanks!
Both are indeed sold! Many thanks Sunny16.