Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Feedback Score: 117 (100%)
[SOLD] FS Solid Manfrotto tripod with large ball head 2 QR's

SOLD
I have a well used Manfrotto 190 tripod. Nice and solid with a very good head. I'm only selling it since I have a new much heavier tripod now that will be used for more 'studio' type stuff and another lightweight that will do for 'field' work.

I have 2 QR plates for it. So you can have a spare mounted on a long lens and another on the body. The locks on the head are very solid and this will hold most stuff just fine. I've used it with the Bigma and it will hold that lens at 500mm.
The tripod and head combo is probably about 5-7 Lbs (3 Kg) or so and stands about 60 inches (with head) when the center column is extended. The height from the ground to the headstock is 48". The legs have 3 locking positions to get the tripod about 1 foot from the ground for macro work.

There is one issue with the head. It has 2 levers, one locks the head from 360 in the horizontal. The other locks the ball from any number of angles. The lower horizontal lock leaver is partly broken. The part of the tab that sticks out was snapped off several years ago. I can still easily lock the head with a finger or glove and it''s not been an issue. The main reason is the 360 horizontal adjustment is somewhat redundant. the ball moves in all directions so I usually left the base lever locked and used the ball to pan or tilt the shot. Btw. For those that are handy, the bottom comes off the head with 3 Alan screws. Anyone that would want to replace or modify the lever should be able to. But as I said I've used it this way for several years without any trouble.

So as you can see from the pictures, this set has had lots of use and I've taken it all over the place for a long time. There's some surface paint that has flaked around the leg locks but that's cosmetic. Mostly caused by going out in the woods.

I'm going to just ship to Can/USA only because the shipping would be too much anywhere else due to size and weight. But if you want it sent elsewhere and can wait for a quote, I'll ship it anywhere.

Last note, I'm traveling to Ontario (Ottawa) on March 2nd-4th. If you want this and live in the area (or have a friend there), I'll bring it with me and you can pick it up to save the shipping.

So $50.00 Plus $20 to ship Paypal only and fees included.

I think for that price the issues are no big deal as I paid $349 for the pair back in the day...

Last edited by Peter Zack; 02-23-2008 at 08:31 AM.
02-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
pm's replied
02-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Peter, does the center column reverse on this model?

jerry
02-22-2008, 05:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Yes the tightening screw loosens enough to remove the column and reverse the head. The head is then between the legs and gets right to the ground.

02-22-2008, 05:41 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Sale pending on payment
02-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
LOL, thats 2 tripods I missed due to being at work! BAH!