PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar 135mm 2.8 Close Focus MACRO 1:2 Lens

Asking Price
165 USD

Item Location
Los Angeles (United States)

Item Description
For Sale is a Vivitar 135mm f2.8 Close Focusing 1:2 Macro Lens in M42 mount.

This is an extremely hard to find cult favorite lens. Unlike most 135mm lenses, this one focus down to 20 inches at a magnification of 1:2. Basically it is a 135mm macro lens, but since it doesn't go down to 1:1, they called it "close focusing" instead. It is a Vivitar branded Komine manufactured lens. The same maker and design as the Panagor (or Elicar) 90mm which is a fan favorite. You can tell just by looking at the pictures that they were made by the same designer. None of the Pentax 135mm focuses closer than about 3.5 feet. I've had so many 135mm's from Pentax and other manufacturers, this one is the best, hands down. Better than the Pentax K 135mm f2.5 (the good one), better than the Vivitar Series 1 135mm f2.3 (although the series one is half a stop faster). Very little chromatic aberation even wide open. If it's so good why am I selling? Well I actually have two, so time to sell one. You can actually take it down to 1:1 and beyond using close up lenses, but as is, it is perfect for photographing live insects off flowers and such. Most 100mm macros have a minimum working distance of about 1 ft. This thing has a minimum working distance of about 20 inches. That is almost double! The real benefit of using a M42 lens with adapter is the fact that you can use your camera in Av mode. Just switch the lens to manual and turn to whatever aperture you want and take the shot. No need for the green button. This is a huge advantage in my book compared to M type K mount lenses.

This sample is in excellent condition. Glass is clean and coating is perfect. (although these lenses are suppose to be single coated, this particular one seems to be a later version which has some multicoated elements, from what I can see of the multicolored reflections on the coating). There is one piece of dust behind the front element, but it doesn't affect image quality at all. There is a tiny ding on the filter ring, but it still mounts filters and hoods. Focus is smooth. Aperature clicks solidly. The automatic manual button works perfectly. No oil on the blades. Comes with original metal front cap and original rear cap. Lens made in Japan.

This is a rarely seen lens and would be great for anyone who likes to do daytime garden shoots of live moving subjects. To a nervous insect, taking a picture two feet away compared to one foot is a world of difference. It does very well wide open (especially when using live view). I highly recommend you give it a try.

Reduced to $165+shipping

Shipping is

$10 to USA (via USPS Priority Mail)
$15 to Canada (via First Class Mail)
$22 to Australia (via First Class Mail)

International buyers are welcome, I ship internationally all the time. I have many great reviews from this website, please check them out.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 days if item not as described. Buyer pays return shipping. Shipping fees not refunded.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by Youngster; 01-25-2013 at 12:06 PM.
01-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
Original Poster
Final chance to get this rare lens before going to ebay