Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Tamron 28-75/f2.8 zoom lens (price drop)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 28-75/f2.8 zoom lens

Asking Price
$300 USD

Item Location
Gibraltar, MI (United States)

Item Description
Tamron SP AF 28-75mm/f2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Lens.

Edit/update: Regarding price drop- free shipping is now included. (Continental U.S. only)

This lens has served me well for quite some time, but nowadays I always find myself reaching for something else, whenever I load up the camera bag. Since it's being neglected, it's time to offer it to someone else who will hopefully get more use out of it.

I am the original owner, and it has had a protective filter on it since day one. It really is in excellent condition, except that long ago I lost the original lens cap. It does however have a good quality pinch-type lens cap. The rear cap is original Tamron. This lens comes with the original box, lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and original paperwork/manuals.

There are no scratches, scuffs, or dings anywhere on the lens surfaces or the body of the lens. There is a very small speck of dust deep inside which I wasn't able to demonstrate in the photos, but it has had no apparent effect on image quality. This lens has worked best on my K20D with an AF adjustment (Custom Menu) of -1. It doesn't match the sharpness of say, an FA 43 Ltd or DA 15 Ltd, but it does pretty well for itself. To be honest, I think I've been spoiled by owning some of these higher-level lenses, which may be part of my reason for not using this Tamron much anymore. But it is a very good, fast and useful lens for the money.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Free shipping to continental U.S.

Shipping Services
UPS, FedEX, U.S. Postal Service

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
May return within five days of receipt, if item not as described. Return shipping will be buyer's responsibility.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by NeverSatisfied; 02-01-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Shipping update
01-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Price reduced. Now $300.

..... I am not trying to make a profit off this lens, just break even. I had forgotten that there was a rebate on this at the time it was purchased, thus the price reduction. Great lens for the money!

Last edited by NeverSatisfied; 01-22-2013 at 02:45 PM.
01-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 22 (100%)
PM sent to you.
01-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Reply sent.
Still for sale.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied; 01-26-2013 at 11:20 AM.
01-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well it's been a few days, time for a bump. Somebody take this Tamron off my hands, eh?

Just to clarify, the speck mentioned inside the lens is very small and is not visible in any of these photos. What is seen in the last photo is a reflection. I've been working a lot these last few days, but when I get a chance I'll try to post another couple shots of this lens, if it will help. Either way it has not affected the image quality of this lens. Thanks for looking.
02-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
OK, I've attempted to get a shot of the dust speck inside this lens, as promised. I had kind of a hard time; I ended up zooming (extending) the lens out to 75mm. Then, notice that what is in focus, is my middle finger. (No subliminal messages here, really!) This gives an indication of where exactly, inside the elements, the speck is. In this photo, you can see it at about the "5:00" position. Again, this has not seemed to affect image quality, and for all I know it was there when I bought it. It's still a pretty darn good lens, especially as an upgrade from a kit lens.

I was using the FA 43 Ltd to take this shot, probably one of the few times that it has let me down. (Of course this type of shot is not its forte'.) I can see where my next LBA "need" is heading; 35 Ltd would've been just perfect for this!

The sale price now includes free shipping. (Continental U.S. only) Thanks for looking.
Attached Images