Item for Sale
FA 135 - Lens elements in great shape!

Asking Price
275.00 USD

Item Location
Virginia (United States)

Item Description
FA 135 lens for sale.

I bought this lens several years ago from Pentaxforums user Frank. It has been a great addition to my Pentax gear, but I find that I'm shooting my Canon equipment more often these days. I don't believe a good lens should sit on a shelf when someone else might like to use it.

The exterior of the lens looks ugly. There is some sort of coating on the finish that is partially worn off. I don't know what the finish is, and can't speculate what may have caused this. It was like this when I got it. I can, however, easily vouch for the lens still working like a champ and the front and rear elements are in fantastic shape.

Everything works as it should. Focus is very quick, images are sharp @ 2.8, and no issues with the aperture blades. This is a lightweight little gem with its own built in lens hood. The equivalent of 200mm with F2.8 speed in such a small package is an absolute treat.

It will ship with front and rear caps only. I have no box or lens case for it.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If you aren't happy with it, let me know and within 14 days you can ship it back for a full refund.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by Slowpoke Rodriguez; 01-26-2013 at 11:42 AM.
01-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
Price Just reduced from 300 to 275.

Would be open to a reasonable offer as well. This really is a fantastic little telephoto that happens to be not much bigger than a 50mm.
01-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Marketplace Reseller

Feedback Score: 74 (99%)
I've used the F version of this lens and can attest that it is really a fantastic little piece. Some PF on digital, but very very sharp, even wide open!
01-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
I met another forum member a couple of years ago that had one of these that had the similiar issue, that the paint was peeling pretty bad. Might have been a bad batch of paint that day in the factory. I can attest that his copy worked fantastic, no impact to it's ability to take steller photos. I stopped myself twice from contacting the seller on this, as I've wanted this lens for a long time.....but I just can't justify it, when I've got DA100 WR, and a K135mm f2.5. So tempted though, I love my old gray FA's.

01-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
Thank you for the comments dcshooter (who must be my neighbor) and wiseox!

Pending payment at this point. I will pull the ad when payment arrives or post again letting folks know it is still available.
01-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Marketplace Reseller

Feedback Score: 74 (99%)
QuoteOriginally posted by WiseOx Quote
I met another forum member a couple of years ago that had one of these that had the similiar issue, that the paint was peeling pretty bad. Might have been a bad batch of paint that day in the factory. I can attest that his copy worked fantastic, no impact to it's ability to take steller photos. I stopped myself twice from contacting the seller on this, as I've wanted this lens for a long time.....but I just can't justify it, when I've got DA100 WR, and a K135mm f2.5. So tempted though, I love my old gray FA's.
FYI, the 50mm FA Macro (which has a very similar metal barrel) has the same problem with the paint, as have some Fs that I have seen. Seems like a systematic problem rather than a single batch. Too bad they simply didn't use the same black paint process they used on the Taks and Ms. Those rarely seem to flake and instead just brass nicely.
01-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Payment sent