PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Nice Pentax-M SMC 75-150mm f4 (constant aperture) WORLDWIDE

Asking Price
see description USD

Item Location
Kearney, NE (United States)

Item Description
Here's a SWEET Pentax-M SMC 75-150mm f4 (constant aperture) manual focus zoom.

MORE pics below...

This lens picks up where your kit lens leaves off and gives you an (effective) 112.5-225mm on a Pentax DSLR in the relatively small and light, but great build quality you expect in a Pentax-M lens. Pentax engineers were able to gain performance by limiting the focal length range of this lens (over more mediocre performing "superzooms" with longer ranges that must make compromises). This lens is gorgeous in all respects, cosmetically, optically and mechanically. It has a built-in hood, and comes with both original caps.

Here is what owners of this lens have said about it:
QuoteQuote:
"the 75-150/4 is Really, Really Excellent! Because it has only a 1-2 zoom ratio, the designers were able to achieve really superb optical performance."
QuoteQuote:
"The very best zoom lens I ever used was the M-series 75/150 f/4."
QuoteQuote:
"I have owned this lens for awhile and it never has disapointed me. It always renders sharp and contrasty prints."
QuoteQuote:
" I used this lens for many years. Performance is Superb! Best zoom I ever owned. Unfortunately, deterioration in my diabetic eyesight now forceme to use Autofocus lenses-- otherwise I would never have parted with this GEM!"
QuoteQuote:
"Sharpness: Excellent for a zoom. Not a whole lot of difference (at the more open apertures anyway,) between it and my FA 50/1.4. Recently took some pictures of hemlock trees and flowers. The bark on the trees is finely detailed, and the flowers look almost as if they were taken with a macro lens (almost), at 150mm and aprox 24". Flare: None in my recent photos. . . . Lens has a good built-in hood. Bokeh: At f4, bokeh is round and soft. Cloud-like. Pleasing, to me. Other pluses: The lens is all old-style solid metal and glass. It's also not too heavy, and being a 2x zoom, is compact. (Not only is it not long, it's 'slim' also.) Focuses and zooms quite easily with one-touch operation, although it took a little time for me to get used to its non-plastic feel and its slimness."
QuoteQuote:
"...the SMC-M 75-150 F4 is also an excellent portrait lens."
QuoteQuote:
"I love it. I later bought a M 200 f4 because I wanted something a little longer than the 150 . . . reached. I prefer the M 75-150 in all respects, it feels great to use and I have found it to be sharper thank the 200 too. Probably unusual to say that I prefer a zoom over a prime, but I really like this lens."
QuoteQuote:
"I love this lens. It is very sharp, has super colour rendition on regular film, and is compact."
QuoteQuote:
"...positively the sharpest zoom lens I have ever used."

See for yourself: Photos taken with Pentax smc P-M 75-150mm F4 lens (on Flickriver)

Click the image below to see three pages of examples accepted by Pentax Photo Gallery:

Pentax Forum Review page. (with more samples)

I will be happy to ship this lens worldwide to PF members with good marketplace feedback. Actual shipping cost will be calculated/charged. Your choice of fast or cheap. PM me for a shipping quote to your address (serious only, please).

$85 includes free shipping to the U.S. and Canada (and a $10 credit on international shipping)for a limited time

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by cheekygeek; 01-25-2013 at 06:11 AM.
01-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Original Poster
Bump!
This just in: Nice stuff from reputable sellers brings more than average stuff on ScamBay!

Result: Happy new owners!

Last edited by cheekygeek; 01-30-2013 at 12:37 AM.
01-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (50%)
PM sent regarding this lens.
01-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Original Poster
Have had two inquiries regarding this lens but, as of right now, it is still available.

---------- Post added 01-31-13 at 05:42 PM ----------

SOLD to the gentleman in The Great White North.