PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Rare Spotmatic IIa, 50 1.4, 28 3.5, 135 2.8, & 70-210 3.8

Asking Price
205.00 USD

Item Location
Burlington, CT (United States)

Item Description
I am selling my uncle's original pretty rare Spotmatic IIa and lenses......again! The IIa differs from the regular Spotmatic with the addition of a sensor on the front of the body with a corresponding control on top for use with the Strobonar flashes. I sold this kit here on the forum over a year ago. I had a decent amount of remorse after I sold it. Several months ago I saw the kit up for sale here and was able to buy it back! After much thought I have decided to sell the kit again to someone who may use and appreciate it. I'm just not that interested in using MF lenses or film anymore. This was my first and only SLR camera. My uncle bought this gear new (with the exception of the Sears 135, I bought that) in the early 70's I think. I inherited the gear in the 90's after my uncle died. I remember him taking our pictures with it every holiday since about 1974 (when I was 5). My uncle did advertising layouts for a newspaper but photography was his passion. He took thousands of photos with this gear & always took really good care of it. I had the camera CLA'd in 2005 at a camera shop in Queens, NY. Included are an SMC 50 1.4, an SMC 28 3.5, a Vivitar Series 1 70-210 3.5, and a Sears 135 2.8 I bought some years ago. I also have the original square hood w/ it's case for the 28 3.5. Front & rear caps are included with the SMC Taks as well as a body cap for the Spotmatic. Also included will be UV filters for the SMC Taks. I do not have a front cap for the 70-210. Everything works as it should. The meter works fine & the battery compartment is nice & clean. Included is a brand new Wein Cell 1.35V Mercury replacement battery. None of the lenses have any fungus, oil, or other issues except the Vivitar. There is something on the inside on the edge maybe a third around the lens. I can't tell if it's haze? I never noticed it affecting any of the pictures I took with it. I tried to capture this in one of the pics. I'm hoping someone will acquire this kit & use it. I figure the lenses are worth the asking price. $225 Paypal includes insured shipping anywhere in the lower 48. If this kit sells again I will also be listing my 1.7X AF adapter & probably my Pentax Mount Adapter K. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. Thanks! George

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail w/ INS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Items are described & photographed accurately. No returns accepted

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

01-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
PM

PM Sent
01-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 41 (100%)
Original Poster
PM replied to. The area shown through the 50 1.4 looks weird because of the exposure where the foamcore I was shooting on met the white seamless background. There is nothing wrong with the lenses or their coatings.