PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax MX Chrome with SMC-M 50mm F/2, Recent CLA and leatherette replacement

Asking Price
200.00 USD

Item Location
Raleigh, NC (United States)

Item Description
Up for sale today is a chrome Pentax MX with an M-series 50mm f/2. The camera body was CLA'd last August by the eternal Eric Hendrickson. He replaced the light seals and calibrated the meter and shutter speeds of the MX and now it's in tip top mechanical and electrical shape. I sent it in just as a once-over (I do that every time I buy a camera on Craigslist), and he did a great job bringing the camera up to ship shape.

The MX is in overall good cosmetic condition. There is a scratch on the rewind lever, there are several minor dents and scuffs on the MX's bottom plate, and there's some unremovable grime on the hotshoe (does not affect usage, flashguns still sync) and DOF preview/self timer lever. This camera has certainly not been sitting on a shelf it's entire life. It's been used, but it's guaranteed to be fully functional. The leatherette was peeling away when I got the camera, so I replaced it with some new stuff from Cameraleather.com (I used VH Black Vinyl I believe). The shutter speeds are accurate, the meter is accurate, and the viewfinder has very light dust.

The 50 f/2 has a plastic body, so it shows very little outward wear other than a few minor scratches. There is a small amount of dust and condensation inside the lens elements, but I have not noticed it affecting photographs. I say it is condensation rather than fungus since it appears to be small droplets and has not spread or grown in the year or so I've had the lens.

The camera will include a fresh set of batteries and aftermarket body cap, and the lens will include aftermarket front and rear caps.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this MX or lens. I will also entertain serious offers. Thanks for your interest!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included for US Addresses

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I will accept returns within 14 days of receipt if something is wrong with the item.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by brofkand; 12-29-2013 at 10:29 AM.
02-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump. If my price is out of line, feel free to PM an offer. I won't bite. This is a great camera, too good to be sitting on a shelf as it has been for a while!
02-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold to a wonderful Canadian minus the lens. I may re-post the lens on the Marketplace in the future.

Thanks PF!