Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
Pentax K2 film body with Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 lens

Pentax K2 with M 50mm f/1.4 lens - $99 plus shipping Now $85

Shipping $11 in US, available elsewhere, please inquire about price.

I found the K2 sitting in my local thrift store and snapped it up as I have always been intrigued by this body. Now, weeks later, I still haven't put a roll of film through it, nor my other bodies. I'm in a digital phase, I guess. If looking for a manual focus film body you can't go wrong with a K2, the top of the K line. Reviews here (like you don't know). This one does have a big bump on the prism, without any clear effect through the view finder, and also the sticky ISO ring that plagues this model. The ISO can be changed but you have to work it back and forth, a bit of a pain. Otherwise meter and shutter seem to work accurately based on ear testing and comparison with my DSLRs. The camera could certainly use a CLA but you could start shooting with it immediately. Light seals look pretty good.

I ended up with two M 50/1.4's, so the pretty one is offered here. It has slight discoloration of a few of the numbers on the aperture ring, but otherwise looks nice. Glass is clear beyond a few dust specks, no haze or fungus; aperture works well and focusing is smooth. I have a generic front cap but no rear cap.Has taken some nice pictures on digital, as well - 2 samples below.

I have an old thin strap and a well-used genuine Pentax ever-ready case to send a long as well. If you find the goods to be in anyway other than as described I will be happy to refund your money upon return. If you have any questions, please ask! No marking it as a gift for customs purposes, though. And lower offers will be entertained, but a full price offer will take it.

Thanks for looking, Nick

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 03-12-2013 at 06:42 PM.
03-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump, price lowered.

---------- Post added 03-03-13 at 07:20 AM ----------

Sold, thanks!