PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX Macro

Asking Price
295 USD - reduced to 280.00!

Item Location
Houston (United States)

Item Description
Up for sale is my Sigma 105mm f/2.8 macro...the one macro lens to rule them all, sharp from edge to edge.

Includes the hood, box, papers, case, front and rear caps.

As can be seen in the images, it has a tiny bit of wear on the barrel near the focusing scale. Otherwise is in excellent condition. No blemishes or scratches on the front or rear element, aperture blades work as they should, AF and AF/MF clutch operate perfectly.

Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by HSV; 03-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.
03-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
HSV
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump and price reduction...

Amazingly sharp on all the frame...great for product photography, bugs & plants!
03-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 87 (100%)
Online shots illustrate the push-pull MF clutch and AF/MF switch... does the pentax have either of those arrangements? It doesn't appear so on your images - thanks!
03-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Online shots illustrate the push-pull MF clutch and AF/MF switch... does the pentax have either of those arrangements? It doesn't appear so on your images - thanks!
I don't know about this lens.

What Pentax do you refer to? The DFA 100mm WR macro (current version) does not have push-pull MF/AF clutch nor MF/AF switch. It does have "quick shift focus" feature.

I don't think the SMC-D FA 100mm f/2.8 macro (non-WR) has either of these either. It has a "clamp," however. I do have the 50mm version of it.

I also had a copy of Sigma 50mm macro DG EX (sold after I got the Pentax 50mm macro), probably the little brother of the lens for sale here. My 50mm Sigma lens did not have the push-pull MF/AF clutch, nor MF/AF switch.

Last edited by SOldBear; 03-05-2013 at 03:28 PM.
03-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Has the lens been dropped? Any barrel wiggle? Is the inside free of dust and/or fungus?
Would this lens work perfectly in full automatic focus attached to a Pentax K5 camera?
03-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Wow! I would LOVE to own this lens! I'm just getting into photography and exploring what different lenses can do. I've always been fascinated by macro photography. This lens seems great!
03-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM sent.
03-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
HSV
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
Original Poster
Yeah, it will autofocus with the K-5. This is screw drive and the focus throw is quite long (which is normal in macro lenses, specially in the telephoto ones). Because of the rather lenghty extension at 1:1, it's not a fast autofocus.

The lens has not been dropped and it doesn't have any fungus or scratches on the glass. About the dust, I cannot assure you that there's absolutely no dust inside, but it looks clean when wide open.

On the barrel wiggle, it's fairly stiff, the mechanical tolerances are rather tight. Keep in mind that this is one has a 58mm thread and the front element is recessed. That's why I feel a lot safer with the Sigma 105 than the DFA 100, which has a much skinnier barrel extension (49mm) and had a good amount of wiggle room. I cann

It has a limiter switch (you can lock it in close focus mode or far focus mode to save AF time, or use it with the full focus throw) and a push pull AF/MF clutch (in the pic, is in MF position). Since this one is not SDM or HSM, it does not have a AF/MF switch.

I use the AF/MF clutch when dismounting the lens in order to focus to infinity and contract the barrel to it's minimum size.

---------- Post added 03-05-13 at 05:19 PM ----------

I just realized I made a mistake, my copy is an EX ...not DG EX.

And also, it's not OS HSM version...I don't think Sigma makes the OS HSM version for Pentax.

Last edited by HSV; 03-05-2013 at 04:19 PM.