Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
400mm F5.6 manual focus prime lens

I'm looking to buy a 400mm F5.6 manual focus prime lens on a limited budget. Maybe I have something you would consider in trade for partial payment.

Interested in one of the following: Pentax SMC (k or M series), Tokina SD or RMC, or Sigma APO. I may consider others, but I'm only interested in k-mounts - without adapters.

Overall lens condition isn't that important, but it must must be fully functional with clear, mar-free glass.

Prefer a North American transaction. PM me if you have something you'd like pass on.

Thanks,
Fred

03-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 148 (99%)
PMed you! SMC 400/5.6, very nice condition.
Attached Images

03-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (98%)
QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
PMed you! SMC 400/5.6, very nice condition.
Wow that one looks nice, untouched almost! I don't need one of these but I want one.
03-09-2013, 04:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@grahame - PM replied. Thanks!

@littledrawe - Yep. I agree, and it's on its way to me.

03-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

its sold to Fred. It is in very good condition and give wonderful image if focus is spot on and a good tripod is mounted.
I am selling it because I never have a chance to bring it outside with me in the past years after I have kids. it is heavy and big. Now I mount a 135/3.5 on Q to reach far :-).
03-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Speaking as a guy who recently got an A-400 5.6 I can say, I think you're really going to like this lens. Here's my latest post...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/217800-nature-spruce-bog-trail-birds.html
03-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't make me regret, Norm ;-).
Very nice shoots.
it is a pity that birds don't visit my yard very often, and I never go out with my camera gear in past 6 years, always dipper and food. I even updated my camera bag, which has two cells, I put baby/kids stuff on the top one and camera and lens in the lower one. Got a NEX, got two k01s, and now bought a Q and am selling my K5.
I miss my lifestyle before, but please don't tell that to my wife and kids :-)

03-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Very nice shoots.
it is a pity that birds don't visit my yard very often, and I never go out with my camera gear in past 6 years, always dipper and food. I even updated my camera bag, which has two cells, I put baby/kids stuff on the top one and camera and lens in the lower one. Got a NEX, got two k01s, and now bought a Q and am selling my K5.
Of course, I don't even have possession yet. But Graham, if I ever consider selling, I'll PM you first.

And agree, nice work posted by Norm.
03-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Very nice shoots.
When I was younger I was an avid tennis player, even played some satellite matches. Then I had kids, I didn't lift a racket for 8 years. But, then the kids got older and I started playing again and even played some seniors tournaments. You have give up some things for the kids, but once they get bigger, you can get back in to them. When I got back into tennis, raquets had gone from wood to aluminum or steel, to graphite. I still had my old raquet, but I would have been out of my mind to try and use it.