PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 1.4x Pz-AF MC4 teleconverter

Asking Price
300 USD

Item Location
Denver, CO (United States)

Item Description
Well-regarded Tamron 1.4x teleconverter with auto-focus pass-through. This is one of the only TCs where the AF works with SDM/HSM lenses thanks to its "pz" contacts (originally power zoom). I only have one lens with such contacts (Sigma 8-16mm HSM), but it seems to work fine. Screw-drive also works fine.

Now, you do lose a stop or so of light, so be aware when claiming that the AF "works", that just means it is technically possible -- once you get slower than 5.6-6.3ish effective aperture, most Pentax models will have trouble locking on focus and will hunt/fail focus. So if you put it on a lens slower than f/4, no promises the AF will actually be useful. Possibly the K5-II is better with this, as well as any future models. Also be aware that with screw-drive lenses, if you choose to manual focus them (setting the body on MF), there is no easy way to disengage the screw-drive between the TC and the lens so you will feel extra resistance from the gears in the TC so do so at your own risk. (You could put a piece of tape over the screw between lens and TC to block engagement if you were using it with a lens you only manual focus.)

The contacts pass the aperture info straight-through without adjustment, so if you put it on a 2.8 lens it will read 2.8 max aperture on the body. (Some other models, like the Pentax ones, will adjust for effective aperture and read a stop slower.) On AF lenses that report focal length, it will also pass that through unaltered, which means that your shake reduction focal length setting will be set too low. (All TCs with contacts on current Pentax bodies have that problem since there is no way to override what the lens reports.)

Condition-wise, some minor wear and scuffs to body, but glass is flawless and everything works as it should. Comes with caps, that's it.

Link to reviews here on PF:

Tamron-F 1.4X Pz-AF MC4 Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Asking $300 USD which includes shipping to U.S. destinations, paid via PayPal (I pay fees). Denver locals are welcome to come over in-person and pay cash (and get a slight discount since I don't have to ship it). USA buyer preferred, but if you have good feedback I will consider international shipping, which will be at least another $30-$45.

PM if interested!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States preferred

Shipping Charge
free shipping to USA, other see desc

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
I'll accept returns as long as you notify me within 3 days of delivery.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 03-12-13 at 01:22 PM ----------

Sale pending!

Last edited by vonBaloney; 03-12-2013 at 12:23 PM.