Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Pentax M*300mm F4; K 24mm F2.8; K 50mm F1.4

UPDATE #2: Only the 50/1.4 lens is left. I have reduced the price again.

UPDATE: The reason why I bought the entire kit is because there was a specific lens that I really, really wanted but the seller didn't want to sell his equipment in pieces. So I bought the entire kit. I am not trying to make big profits. I am just trying to cover my costs and not lose money.

I recently bought an ex-photojournalist's entire Pentax kit. I am selling off the duplicate lenses. [I drove 250km/150mi on a winter highway for this lot, passing lots of cars in the ditches including a jackknifed tractor-trailer that had skidded waaay off the road. But that’s another story.]

Important! Please, please read!
These lenses are used but have been well maintained (not surprising, given the former owner depended on his gear for a living). He told me his gear was CLA’d 4 years ago. The front/rear optics are clean and scratch free. All aperture rings turn smoothly and click into place without slippage. Aperture blades are dry and snappy. All the front threads are intact and can easily mount a filter. All focusing throws are smooth. No fungus or oil on the blades. I hardly see any dust inside the glass (few specks), which helps verify the claim they were CLA'd.

All prices are in Canadian dollars. For your reference US$1.00 = approximately CAD$1.01. You pay for shipping by Canada Post, with insurance + tracking number. I only charge actual shipping/insurance costs.

Local cash & carry is welcome, save on shipping this way. These items are in Edmonton, Canada. You are free to “ping” any forum member who lives here and ask them to examine the items and verify their condition, in fact I recommend that you do so for your own peace of mind.

I have perfect feedback on eBay as “tranq78” and I have sold several lenses on this forum, also with perfect feedback.

SMC Pentax-M* 1:4 300mm. This is a very nice lens but if you are a collector this is not for you. It is optically & mechanically perfect. But there are minute scuffs & marks on the barrel, and some minor paint loss on the aperture ring. Finally the built-in lens hood has numerous scuffs and tiny dents on it. The hood is still 100% useable, however.

It comes with a rear cap and the original metal push-on front cap. The push-cap isn’t very effective so you should just get a plastic snap cap.

As you can see from the attached pictures, the M*300/4 is the same size and shape as the small & light A*300/4 except it obviously doesn't have the "A" setting. I take my A*300/4 everywhere with me because of its compact size & weight, so it’s my most used 300mm prime. I’ve no doubt you will do the same with the M*300!

Price: Sold. Enroute to a very nice buyer.

SMC “K” 1:1.4 50mm. A bit of the black paint has come off the aperture ring from normal use. The front of the filter has a scrape and the tiniest dent near where the serial number is (see picture). The dent is very minute and you can still easily mount filters.

Includes a push-on rear cap, but no front cap.

Price: CAD$70.00. PRICE REDUCED AGAIN

SMC “K” 1:2.8 24mm. Some of the black paint has come off the aperture ring, from normal use. On the very front of the filter thread there are also some bright spots at the very ends – these are not dents or damage. Only the paint has come off the very front (see picture).

Comes with a filter and rear cap, but no front cap.

Price: Sold. This lens will shortly become an Australian citizen.

Any questions, please PM me. Thank you.
-George

Last edited by tranq78; 03-09-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added detail, correct typo in price of 50/1.4
03-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Only the K50/1.4 lens is left. I have reduced the price again.
03-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Final update

Final update!

The buyers of the K24/2.8 and M*300/4 have left positive feedback. The K50/1.4 is still for sale.

I've decided that if the K50/1.4 doesn't sell I won't bother to flea-Bay it. I'll just keep it for awhile before deciding whether to try to sell it again or keep it permanently.

-George