PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC-A 200mm f4.0

Asking Price
$120 USD or best offer

Item Location
Flower Mound Texas (United States)

Item Description
Here is a beautiful example of a SMC-A 200mm f4.0 telephoto lens. I recently picked this lens up and I was surprised what great condition it is in. It virtually has no visible dust in the optics, the blades are oil free and I'm hard pressed to find even the slightest nick in the body or finish. The lens hood pulls out and stays in place and there is no discernible wear on it or any other part of the lens - as far as I can see.

I bought this to use with use this with my Pentax Q and K-01. This is the third try at using manual lenses for these cameras. After buying a SuperTak 150mm, then a SMC-M 100mm 2.8 and now this SMC-A 200mm
I've sadly come to the realize that I'll just never be able use manual focus lens with my old eyes and shaky hands. It is tough getting old.

The few images using the K-01 and K-5 that I've taken with this lens are surprisingly good and the rating on the PF Lens Review seems to sum up this lens better than I can describe. On the K-01 it works fine, but for me it works the best on the K-5. Mostly because of the pentaprism viewfinder. I find it easier to focus using the confirmation in the viewfinder than using the mirrorless cameras using focus peaking. It seems to work pretty good with the quick test I did with the Q using an adapter and a tripod. But I'm finding I am not patient enough to deal with using the Q and manual lenses with moving objects. I'm too spoiled using my K5 with the 150-500 or the DA*300 to get close to the wildlife.

I'm asking $120.00 which seems to be the average price in the Lens Review section. KEH has a sample of this lens listed for $199 and rated as a EX that I almost bought a couple of weeks ago. I feel that this lens is at least a EX+ or higher on their scale. This price includes PayPal fees, but shipping is additional. It comes with the original front cap and a good rear aftermarket cap. The pull out lens hood works as designed and is free of any blemishes.

Thanks for looking.

Here is an example of a capture with the SMC-A 200 using a PK(AF)-P/Q adapter that has been painted on the inside.
I've cropped in slightly and reduced the size by at least 25%, with a slight level adjustment. This shows the potential of the lens on the Q at approximately 1100mm.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
$10.00

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
4 days if not as described

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by mpreston; 03-13-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Adding "or best offer"
03-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Original Poster
Make an offer!

Accepting any reasonable offers. This is a great lens. I can more post pictures to show IQ from this lens.

Last edited by mpreston; 03-15-2013 at 12:52 PM.