Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
Two 180mm APO Macro lenses - Leica and Sigma

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
For Sale: Two 180mm APO Macro lenses - Leica and Sigma

Asking Price
$5,200 / $1,100 USD

Item Location
San Francisco/Sacramento, Reno, depending on travels (United States)

Item Description
Leica 180mm focal length, f2.0 max - f16 min aperture, APO-SUMMICRON-R Macro telephoto lens. The apochromatic correction produces flawless image quality all the way to the edges of the image circle, from 1.5 m / 5 ft to infinity. Even at full aperture, you can be confident of achieving photographs with maximum contrast, highest resolution and delicately differentiated color rendition. Internal focusing makes the overall length of this Leica lens remain constant during focusing. The optical system includes a clear filter in the filter drawer. This lens has a rotating and locking mount for tripod attachment. The operation of the manual focus ring on this lens is SILKY SMOOTH, the best of any lens I have yet experienced, so one can make focus changes quickly and easily. The bokeh of this Leica lens is phenomenal as well.

This Leica lens is Leitax adapted to Pentax K-mount. I will include, with the lens, the original R cam and internal black shroud so the buyer may reverse the Pentax conversion, if so desired. Mechanically, this Leica lens is in perfect condition. Cosmetically, I would rate this lens a 9/10, like new, as there is no scuff mark, ding or dent anywhere on the body or front and rear lenses of this Leica lens.

The asking price for this very fine example of Leica craftsmanship is $5,200 (USD), which includes the Paypal payment fee and insured shipping via USPS Priority Mail to the continental US. Payment via wire transfer will result in a corresponding reduction in the price of this lens. Shipment to an international destination will require payment of shipping fees in excess of the domestic US shipping cost and full payment by wire transfer ONLY.

One caveat with this Leica lens: It weighs over 5 pounds. If a potential purchaser is planning on using this lens without the benefit of a tripod, I suggest purchasing the following Sigma lens instead:

Sigma 180mm focal length, f3.5 max - f32 min aperture (plus "A" setting), APO-Macro EX DG IF telephoto lens weighs 3 pounds less than the Leica listed above, making hand-held photos possible, although not advised. This Sigma lens is a Pentax K-mount version with internal focusing which makes the overall length of this Sigma lens remain constant during focusing. Pushing the focus ring away from the body on which it is mounted allows your compatible Pentax body to autofocus this lens. Conversely, pulling the focus ring towards the body on which it is mounted allows manual focus. This lens has a rotating and locking mount for tripod attachment. The bokeh of this Sigma lens is very good as well.

Mechanically, this Sigma lens is in perfect condition. Cosmetically, I would rate this lens a 9/10, like new, as there is no scuff mark, ding or dent anywhere on the body, front and rear lenses, or the tripod foot of this Sigma lens.

The asking price for this very fine Sigma lens is $1,100 (USD), which includes the Paypal payment fee and insured shipping via USPS Priority Mail to the continental US. Payment via wire transfer will result in a corresponding reduction in the price of this lens. Shipment to an international destination will require payment of shipping fees in excess of the domestic US shipping cost and full payment by wire transfer ONLY.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Shipping Charge
Insured shipping included

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Items are as described/photographed; returns allowed only for damage in shipment.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 03-15-13 at 09:56 AM ----------

2013 Mar 19, 0646 PST update: Leica is pending payment.

---------- Post added 03-15-13 at 10:00 AM ----------

If you desire additional photos, or full size photos, please send your request via PM.
(For some reason I do not understand, I can only upload 800x600, or smaller, photos.)

Last edited by RayGunn; 04-04-2013 at 07:00 PM.
03-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
мда.....
03-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
MJL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
Mamma mia!

OMG. An APO-SUMMICRON-R 180/2 Macro in K mount! I am going to offer my firstborn to cure LBA. After that, can I use a car jack to support this lens?

Last edited by MJL; 03-15-2013 at 11:21 AM.
03-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 66 (100%)
Wow!

Somehow I don't expect to see comparison images between the two...

03-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Ok, let me go sell a kidney real quick and I'll be back for the Leica...
03-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
So now you've left me with a dilemma. I really need a new body since I smashed my K7 deep in Algonquin park... and there's a new one rumored to be coming out any time now. However, the Sigma 180 is one of the lenses I've been searching for in vain.
I need to seriously consider which is more important. My only hope is that someone buys this quickly so the decision is made for me.

Free bump in any case.
03-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 41 (98%)
QuoteOriginally posted by moray-eel-bite Quote
So now you've left me with a dilemma. I really need a new body since I smashed my K7 deep in Algonquin park... and there's a new one rumored to be coming out any time now. However, the Sigma 180 is one of the lenses I've been searching for in vain.
I need to seriously consider which is more important. My only hope is that someone buys this quickly so the decision is made for me.

Free bump in any case.
Get the lens of course! Bodies are basically disposable - much touted K-5 in about a year or so will be hard pressed to fetch 2-300 bucks - I think this is the first time seeing a Sigma 180 being offered on the Marketplace.

03-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #8

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
PM sent re Sigma
03-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
I have a Sigma 180mm like this , and I am thinking about selling it too... (not using enough because having a Pentax FA 2.8 100mm macro that is smaller to carry in the field... Should I ? I have to compare both before making any decision... but I can say that the 180mm is good though.
03-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
You SMASHED your K-7?

QuoteOriginally posted by moray-eel-bite Quote
I really need a new body since I smashed my K7 deep in Algonquin park...
What? Did you get mad at it? LOL.
RG

---------- Post added 03-16-13 at 10:27 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
I have to compare both before making any decision...
Thanks for your comment, Weevil. For me, it's not about which lens might be better IQ wise; it's purely an aging issue.
I prefer to hand-hold my camera equipment and I am getting just a little shaky now, making hand-holding the Sigma somewhat problematic. (The Leica? Impossible, for me, now.)
RayGunn
03-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
Forum Member

Busted K 7?

You need the K 5 built like a tank, or as they used to say about the Timex watches "... takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

I had an accident last summer, fell into the river, and had an intimate meeting with a boulder. The K 5, scratch on the bottom of the body, the 100 mm macro same on the bottom of the barrel. Me strained ligaments in both hands and one arm, banged up knee, cut fingers and lip. Lost my bifocals too. Took over a month before I could really move both hands without pain.

I don't know of any DSLR in the K 5 range that would have survived what the K 5 did.

Jay
03-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #12

I'm the fortunate owner of a Sigma 180mm f3.5 APO-Macro EX DG IF telephoto lens. Whoever wins this rare lens will not be sorry. Build and optical quality are excellent. Highly recommended.
03-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #13

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by RayGunn Quote
What? Did you get mad at it? LOL.
Actually, I was kinda mad at it... it never took the publishable picture I knew I was taking every time. Instead I got the slightly inferior results you'd expect an exhausted person hundreds of miles from civilization would take (ha ha).

Cheers,

Jake
03-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I just love it when humor can be added to a thread. Thanks for that, Jake.
03-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #15

is the sigma available for sale