PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
CPC (Pentax-made) MC 80-200mm f/4 Auto Zoom Lens

Asking Price
$40 USD

Item Location
Washington DC (United States)

Item Description
Here's a really interesting zoom I recently came across.

According to Bojidar Dimitrov's K-mount page, this close-focusing zoom lens, sold under the CPC brand, was actually manufactured by Pentax:
CPC Phase 2 80-200/4

This one actually has the KR(A) mount, so it would be one of the rare lenses manufactured by Pentax that has the Ricoh Pin! (If you purchase this and want the pin removed, let me know, and I'd be glad to do it, making it a normal KA mount lens).

Also interesting is that Dimitrov identifies the CPC Phase 2 labeled version of this lens as being single-coated, but this one is marked "CCT" and "MC," indicating a multicoated variant. How this compares to the regular Pentax SMC, I don't know.

Based on the proportions, auto aperture, and specs, I imagine this is a variation of the Pentax-A 70-210mm F4 design.

I haven't played much with the lens, but it's in fantastic, barely-used shape, with inspection sticker still intact.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Other (See Listing)

Shipping Charge
$9 US, negotiable elsewhere

Shipping Services
USPS priority

Accepted Payment Types

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item may only be returned if arriving in damaged/unusable condition or substantially inaccurately described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by dcshooter; 03-24-2014 at 07:44 PM.
03-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
I don't see anything on Dmitry's page you linked to even hinting at the notion that this lens was made by Pentax. Pentax has never (as far as I am aware) made lenses in Korea, nor have they made lenses with the K-R mount.
03-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 75 (99%)
Original Poster
Apparently you didn't look to closely. But hey, why do that and pass up the chance to be a condescending jerk, right?

The pictured lens in the link is physically identical to the one for sale, it is linked directly from this page:

Pentax Zoom Lenses without SMC Coating

Under the table "Table 1. Pentax Zoom Lenses without SMC Coating."

QuoteOriginally posted by brofkand Quote
I don't see anything on Dmitry's page you linked to even hinting at the notion that this lens was made by Pentax. Pentax has never (as far as I am aware) made lenses in Korea, nor have they made lenses with the K-R mount.
03-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Apologies for coming off as condescending, but the point stands that the page you linked to initially says nothing about this lens being produced by Pentax. I still find it extremely hard to believe that Pentax would produce a lens using the K-R mount.

03-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
PM Sent!

I will take a chance that this lens is OK.
The only 200 I have is the 50-200 WR and I would like to see if this is any better at the 200 length.