Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
Samigon 180 degree (0.15x) Fish Eye adapter

Samigon Fisheye 180 Degree Aux lens - $44 plus shipping

Shipping $7 in US, inquire about elsewhere.

This somewhat uncommon piece is probably the best of the fisheye aux lenses, which is not saying much. It is fairly well regarded around the internet but I found it tough to get good pictures out of it. It screws into the front of a lens, and acts like a 0.15X converter, while adding fisheye distortion. A 50mm lens, for example, becomes a 7.5mm fisheye. It is designed with its own aperture mechanism, so that the main lens stays wide open and you stop down with the aperture in the fish eye adapter. I don't think you adjust focus - leave the parent lens on infinity and pretty much everything is in focus given the high DOF. The instructions are actually inside the lens cap, as shown. The base screws into a 52mm lens filter ring but can be exchanged for other sizes, or you can just use stepping rings. I had the best luck with a 50/1.7, which is a nice sharp lens wide open. 50mm gives mostly a circular picture, surrounded by black. At a focal length of about 70mm the whole frame is filled with picture.

My copy has some circular cleaning marks on the front, which do show up in pictures if the sun hits them right. Luckily the whole apparatus rotates freely on the lens so you can get them out of the sun easily if you pay attention or notice while chimping. These were going for about $200 when I got it, I actually swapped a Super Takumar 35mm f/2 lens for it. Here's your chance to pick it up at a more reasonable and fair price. They are available under other brand names also, Spiratone for one. One of these actually was used for Hal's "eye" in the movie 2001. Apparently "he" didn't see well at the corners. :-)

If you find the goods to be in anyway other than as described I will be happy to refund your money upon return. If you have any questions, please ask! No marking as a gift for international customs purposes. And while lower offers will be entertained, a full price offer will take it.

Thanks, Nick

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 04-01-2013 at 07:09 PM.