PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax 645D with 55mm DFA Lens

Asking Price
$7499.00 USD

Item Location
San Juan, PR (United States)

Item Description

Hi, I am selling my Pentax 645D kit with the 55mm DFA lens. I got it a few weeks ago and used it for several jobs and personal landscape shoots but am purchasing a technical camera with removable digital back and can't afford to keep both. It is a shame because I absolutely love this camera. It is a joy to work with. Most Medium Format Digital solutions are a pain to work with but not this one. AF is accurate and consistent and MF is easily achievable due to the awesome viewfinder. The rear LCD is also superb for reviewing images for focus and exposure. The camera also has a built in electronic two axis level which is great for leveling the camera on a tripod. It can be displayed on the rear lcd screen. The included lens is sharp and focuses quite close plus it is weather sealed.

I own several Canon DSLRs (5D mark 3 and 1Ds mark 3) and 10 L lenses and this camera destroys the Canons in image quality. Shadow detail and cleanness is superb and has great color depth. The files can be pushed in post production quite a bit and hold together nicely. It is usable at iso 800 and iso 1600. It is VERY clean at iso 100 and 200. Thats about a stop better than most medium format digital solutions. It also produces beautiful results at 30 seconds exposures. Very clean. Also, the image has that medium format look to the sensor being larger and the fact that you can use longer focal lengths given equal subject distance, size and composition. The 4:3 image aspect ratio makes cropping for print easier.

The camera includes the kit lens and all boxes, papers/documentation, cables and factory accessories that came in the package. I will include and extra 2 (factory) batteries I purchase for it although I used them very little because the battery performance is great. I will also include a Lexar Professional 600x 32GB card and both Really Right Stuff Arca style quick release plates! I got the camera New from Adorama only a few weeks ago and have used it very little but produced some wonderful landscape prints up to 40x60in size. It works and looks like new.

Incredible but I am selling this kit for just about what the Canon 1Ds Mark III cost me new!

I am also selling a few other Pentax 645 lenses that work great with this camera so please check my other auctions.

I will miss this camera. Will probably buy one again when I have extra funds.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$99

Shipping Services
UPS Next Day

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
PM me for larger images or questions!

thx!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by Parallax; 04-23-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: eBay link removed.