Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
New/Old Stock Pentax F Remotes--A STEAL!!!!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale

Asking Price
18 USD

Item Location
ID (United States)

Item Description
I picked up some New/Old Stock Pentax F remotes. These are new in the box. They have just one button that fires the shutter. I picked these up because my brother and I bought the Chinese knock offs and they are junk. This is a solid unit. I have six (after mine and his!). I thought I'd pass the deal along. The $18 price includes shipping and paypal fees. Stock picture below.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
These are new...if you want me to open the box and test before shipping I'd be glad to. If somehow it arrives inop please send back for refund.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by J-Rod; 05-02-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Typo
05-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
What's the difference between these and the chinese rip-off, since you have experience? I have a chinese remote and it seems to work well enough, what am I missing?
05-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #3

Original Poster
Build quality on the chinese stuff is not in the same league.
05-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
I want one. I will send private message.

05-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by J-Rod Quote
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale

Asking Price
18 USD

Item Location
ID (United States)

Item Description
I picked up some New/Old Stock Pentax F remotes. These are new in the box. They have just one button that fires the shutter. I picked these up because my brother and I bought the Chinese knock offs and they are junk. This is a solid unit. I have six (after mine and his!). I thought I'd pass the deal along. The $18 price includes shipping and paypal fees. Stock picture below.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
These are new...if you want me to open the box and test before shipping I'd be glad to. If somehow it arrives inop please send back for refund.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!
PM Sent
05-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
What's the difference between these and the chinese rip-off, since you have experience? I have a chinese remote and it seems to work well enough, what am I missing?
I agree. I own 4 "Chinese knock offs" that have worked like a charm and none have broken or missed a beat. Add to that they cost me an average of $5, take standard batteries, and have 2 working buttons for AF and Shutter and they're superior in nearly every way. Good luck with your sales.
05-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #7

Original Poster
Three left.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 02:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I agree. I own 4 "Chinese knock offs" that have worked like a charm and none have broken or missed a beat. Add to that they cost me an average of $5, take standard batteries, and have 2 working buttons for AF and Shutter and they're superior in nearly every way. Good luck with your sales.
The Pentax unit is under half the size of my knock off. They too take a standard battery. The non-OEM unit's buttons stick out (vs. indented on the Pentax). I found that my 'buttons were getting pushed' while in the carry bag. Every time I got it out it needed a new battery (could have been the batteries I was using were not the best). For me the AF button is a waste. I always pre-focus and then just use it as a shutter release. Of course to each his own.

05-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #8

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
PM me the payment information, I am interested.
05-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #9

Original Poster
Two left.
05-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
TLS
Inactive Account

I want one. they will work on a k-5 right?
05-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #11

Original Poster
One left...Works on K-5. Should work on any Pentax DSLR .

PENTAX - Remote Control F
05-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by J-Rod Quote
The Pentax unit is under half the size of my knock off. They too take a standard battery. The non-OEM unit's buttons stick out (vs. indented on the Pentax). I found that my 'buttons were getting pushed' while in the carry bag. Every time I got it out it needed a new battery (could have been the batteries I was using were not the best). For me the AF button is a waste. I always pre-focus and then just use it as a shutter release. Of course to each his own.
Thanks for the info. I hope it's clear I was genuinely curious and not criticizing anything.
05-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #13

Original Poster
One backout. Two units remain. I'm out for the weekend so I won't be able to correspond from noon today until Monday.

Just for kicks I looked up the one I have on the forum review. It has a better rating than the Pentax F (which I question owning both). There is a pic of both units together that demonstrates the size difference.

Jue Ying Remote Control RC-4 reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Thanks for the info. I hope it's clear I was genuinely curious and not criticizing anything.
05-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #14
Veteran Member

In regard to the comments about third party remotes - The larger ones have broken on me, I've got a Nikon ML-L3 clone(With a Pentax signal), and even though it takes CR2032 batteries, it's great. Tiny as can be, and I've yet to have it run out of battery on me.(Had it for over a year, I always carry it in my back pocket, so I'm sure it's been depressed a lot more than when I shoot with it)

The Pentax Remote F is def. the best build quality, though slightly larger.(And you'll always be better off with Pentax, third party stuff can be quirky)
05-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #15

Original Poster
Just one left. If you want it be quick!