Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
K-r kit plus extras

I would prefer to sell everything together and the price reflects that. I will entertain offers to split the package, but only after giving buyers an opportunity for the package. xx$500.00xx $475.00 includes USPS Priority Shipping within the United States and no extra for PayPal's fees. If you are outside the United States, please contact me for the additional shipping charge. 7-day return with refund less my shipping costs if you feel I have misrepresented anything. It is boxed and ready to ship - make a reasonable counter offer? There is a reason this camera made Best Buy in Consumer Reports in 2011.

I am the original owner of everything except the 50-200. I received the camera in December 2011 and it has fewer than 1,800 shutter actuations - - it looks like I still mostly shoot like I am buying film. I have an opportunity to upgrade to the K-30 that I just cannot pass up. Everything works perfectly and is still in like-new condition with one exception - there is a small amount of dust between the LCD panel and the cover glass. It in no way affects the view or operation.

Everything that came with the K-r is included, except the original K-r cardboard box. I acquired this camera during an out of town trip and had no easy way to bring the box home. There are several of useful additions I am adding to the original kit.(+)
  • K-r body (latest firmware)
  • Pentax strap (never used)
  • battery (barely used - I immediately switched to AA)
  • charger and 120v cord (will work on 220v)
  • USB cable
  • manual
  • software
  • + new LCD protector (I removed the one I used for sales photos)
  • DA L 18-55mm lens with both end caps
  • + matching hood
  • + DA L 50-200mm lens with both end caps
  • + matching hood
  • + UV and circular polarizer filters (fits either lens)
  • + IR remote, converted to accept a wired release and 25 ft. wired release (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/do-yourself/186110-make-wired-release-any...ir-camera.html)
  • + Vivitar 52mm +1,+2,+3 close-focus coated lenses with original leather case and documentation, excellent condition (added to listing 9 May 2013, not pictured)

For some sample photos taken with this camera, see my gallery - Photos Posted By JimJohnson - Pentax User Photo Gallery

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Last edited by JimJohnson; 05-12-2013 at 06:03 AM.
05-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
If the cord is rated at 120v, how can it be okay to use at 220v?
05-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The charger is rated for use at 120v/220v 60Hz/50Hz power - in other words, worldwide. The cord itself can support either 120v or 220v, but has a North American style power plug. This means you either have to acquire the same cord with a plug suitable for the country in which you will use it, or (what I do when travelling internationally) use an inexpensive plug style adapter .... I paid less than $3 for my last adapter. This type of adapter only changes the plug style, it does not change the voltage supplied to the device, so you have to make sure the device will work on both AC power systems - - like this one does.
05-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
Jim is correct. I used my charger in England, Scotland Ireland, Canada and here in the US of A. Only thing I needed was an adapter. Lots of things today are made to operate on dual voltages of 120/240, including my cell phone charger, Nook charger and my wife's hair drier and curling iron. But as Jim pointed out, you still need an adapter for the plug.

05-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Jim is correct. I used my charger in England, Scotland Ireland, Canada and here in the US of A. Only thing I needed was an adapter. Lots of things today are made to operate on dual voltages of 120/240, including my cell phone charger, Nook charger and my wife's hair drier and curling iron. But as Jim pointed out, you still need an adapter for the plug.
This is a FOR SALE listing rather than a discussion thread, but let me add how I travel internationally.... I take a small power strip for North American AC - important! no surge protection, just a plain power strip. I attach the plug adapter to the power strip with electric tape then plug my various North American plug style appliances into the power strip - - ALL of these appliances MUST be rated for both 120/220 voltage and 50Hz/60Hz frequency! It is worth the packing space and weight because A- I only need one adapter, and B- hotels are notorious for never having enough available outlets.

Okay folks - enough side chatter. While I'd love to keep my K-r as a second body and sooth my LBA by hanging on to these lenses, I would also like to offset some of my K-30 upgrade costs before the credit card bill comes due. It will make for better peace in the family.

Last edited by JimJohnson; 05-08-2013 at 04:18 AM.
05-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
PM sent for K-r body.

---------- Post added 05-08-2013 at 11:38 AM ----------

Sorry, check that -- PM sent for:

K-r body (latest firmware)
Pentax strap (never used)
battery (barely used - I immediately switched to AA)
charger and 120v cord (will work on 220v)
USB cable
manual
software
+ new LCD protector (I removed the one I used for sales photos)
05-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
PM replied to.

---------- Post added 05-09-13 at 04:02 PM ----------

bump. new item added to posting

Last edited by JimJohnson; 05-09-2013 at 01:02 PM.
05-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Is the RF remote just a remote?

Does the RF remote still work as a battery powered remote control? I saw that you had modified it to work as a remote trigger. Do you have a feel for its range indoors?
05-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The remote still functions exactly as originally manufactured, that is, as an IR remote release using the built-in button. The built-in button and an external switch are connected in parallel. Indoors without direct sunshine, it works at least across the width of most household rooms. I haven't tried any longer range.

Outdoors with direct sunshine, the range is substantially reduced, the same as all the IR remote releases. Attaching the remote to the camera body via its Velcro patch right next to the receiver and triggering it via wire, it trips the shutter every time, even when the sun is shining hard on the IR receiver. Further, the photographer doesn't have to be in front of the camera.[COLOR="Silver"]

Last edited by JimJohnson; 05-12-2013 at 10:17 AM.
05-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
bump for revised pricing
05-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #11

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Would you sell the KR body only?
05-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
reply via PM
05-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #13

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I would prefer to sell everything together and the price reflects that. I will entertain offers to split the package, but only after giving buyers an opportunity for the package. xx$500.00xx $475.00 includes USPS Priority Shipping within the United States and no extra for PayPal's fees. If you are outside the United States, please contact me for the additional shipping charge. 7-day return with refund less my shipping costs if you feel I have misrepresented anything. It is boxed and ready to ship - make a reasonable counter offer? There is a reason this camera made Best Buy in Consumer Reports in 2011.

I am the original owner of everything except the 50-200. I received the camera in December 2011 and it has fewer than 1,800 shutter actuations - - it looks like I still mostly shoot like I am buying film. I have an opportunity to upgrade to the K-30 that I just cannot pass up. Everything works perfectly and is still in like-new condition with one exception - there is a small amount of dust between the LCD panel and the cover glass. It in no way affects the view or operation.

Everything that came with the K-r is included, except the original K-r cardboard box. I acquired this camera during an out of town trip and had no easy way to bring the box home. There are several of useful additions I am adding to the original kit.(+)
  • K-r body (latest firmware)
  • Pentax strap (never used)
  • battery (barely used - I immediately switched to AA)
  • charger and 120v cord (will work on 220v)
  • USB cable
  • manual
  • software
  • + new LCD protector (I removed the one I used for sales photos)
  • DA L 18-55mm lens with both end caps
  • + matching hood
  • + DA L 50-200mm lens with both end caps
  • + matching hood
  • + UV and circular polarizer filters (fits either lens)
  • + IR remote, converted to accept a wired release and 25 ft. wired release (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/do-yourself/186110-make-wired-release-any...ir-camera.html)
  • + Vivitar 52mm +1,+2,+3 close-focus coated lenses with original leather case and documentation, excellent condition (added to listing 9 May 2013, not pictured)

For some sample photos taken with this camera, see my gallery - Photos Posted By JimJohnson - Pentax User Photo Gallery
PM Sent
05-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
PM replied - waiting for response.