Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 7 (88%)
[SOLD] FS: Pentax FA* 200mm f2.8 ED IF autofocus AF lens NEW US$1450

A like new condition Pentax FA* 200/2.8 autofocus lens which has now been discontinued. I am the original owner. Used twice only all these years and time to let go. Glasses and body perfect. Everything is 100% fungus/mark/scratch/dust free including the hood. Always kept dry. Works 100% on any K mount cameras including all Pentax digital cameras including *ist D, DS, DS2, DL, DL2, K100D, K110D & K10D. Everything is just like brand new even the box, lens case & manual etc. Everything that came with the original package will be included. Pictures of the actual lens can be seen here.

Free shipping anywhere (but please contact me first if outside North America just in case). Accept Paypal, Canada Post Money Order or USPS Money Order (pink colour). Don't hesitate to ask any questions. My eBay ID is "wlachan" too if it helps.

04-19-2007, 05:17 AM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hullo! Do not mean to be rude, I am new to Pentax and just asking: Isn't your price for the lens a trifle steep? (Canon 200/2.8 L series glass will conme at less than half the cost); ditto Nikon. And both these brands appear to be held in higher esteem by many - going by their market share amongst professional users. That said, I would be interested if the price was moderated somewhat... and then some!! Kindly mail me at <khukri@hotmail.com> Thank you.
04-19-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
FA* lenses are probably the best lenses ever made by any of the big three and can be considered some of the best glass ever made. I'd say a price in the $1000 range is fair seeing as availability is so low and for how amazing the lens is. And Canons 200mm 2.8 is good, but not the best by any means.
04-19-2007, 09:31 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Khukri Quote
Hullo! Do not mean to be rude, I am new to Pentax and just asking: Isn't your price for the lens a trifle steep? (Canon 200/2.8 L series glass will conme at less than half the cost); ditto Nikon. And both these brands appear to be held in higher esteem by many - going by their market share amongst professional users. That said, I would be interested if the price was moderated somewhat... and then some!! Kindly mail me at <khukri@hotmail.com> Thank you.
As an new member you should read the rules of this Marketplace. Commenting publicly sellers pricing is something moderators dont favor......

04-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Khukri Quote
Hello Khukri, welcome to Pentax Forums and the world of Pentax. Since you are new to Pentax, it is not uncommon for you not to be familiar with the Pentax product line. As Codiac mentioned and others can attest to, the pricing of that lens, which may seem a bit steep, is probably as close to current market value that you will see mainly because it is discontinued and FA* lenses are considered by most the best lenses ever made, includung Canon L.

With that being said please take a moment to read out Marketplace Guidelines above to get a better understanding of how this forum is moderated and its intended usage.

If you have any further questions please feel free to PM myself or one of the other moderators, we will be more than happy to help you out the best we can.

Thanks.
04-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #6
Forum Member

Reference responses to my query on the 200mm lens: Thank you for the inputs/advice; and especially, Buddha Jones tempered style!
11-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #7
Inactive Account

is it still available?

If yes, send me a message at

shyk_tibet@yahoo.com.cn

Thanks!
11-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
I paid $1100 AUD for the DA* 200 how can the FA* 200 be worth more? they are optically very much alike? One has seals and SDM FA* dosn't?

11-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 38 (100%)
Look at the date for the ad.. nearly two years ago and a year before the DA* was released. Prices for the FA* have fallen quite a bit since then.
11-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 7 (88%)
Original Poster
The FA*200/2.8 price has not changed all that much I think and has been around US$1200. Not that it is any better than the DA* but it is kind of rare now for its condition (basically LN with everything original) and mainly for collectors. But since I have decided to keep my humble Pentax collection intact, it is not for sale now.