PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
LX outfit with viewfinders

Asking Price
$600 USD

Item Location
West Virginia (United States)

Item Description
After much debate, I've decided to sell my LX (with 50/1.7 lens) and a couple of finder accessories. If you've ever wished you could find a new LX in pristine condition, with no signs of handling and fully operational, this is your chance. I bought the camera body from another PF member a few years back. It showed no sign of use when I got it – the plastic covering was still on the base plate – and I've handled it very carefully, so it's still in that same fresh-out-of-the-box pristine condition.

In February of 2011, I had it CLA'd by Eric Hendrickson. That included replacement of the shutter and mirror bumpers, new mirror foam, etc. Subsequently, in June of 2012, it went back to Eric for replacement of the shutter magnet and adjustment of timing switches. I have receipts for both services and they will go with the camera. I'm classifying its condition as Excellent, ONLY because I don't have the orginal box as the Forum's rules stipulate. That fact aside, it is in “like new” condition. There are no scratches, no brassing, no dents, bumps or dings. If you see a few white dots in the photos, those are dust particles. Everything is there – the grip, the strap lugs, etc. It really does look like a new camera, and considering what Eric has done to it, it's probably better than new.

The SMC M 50/1.7 lens was also bought here on PF and is in equally fine condition. No scratches, glass is clear (aside from a few dust particles), blades snappy, and very little external sign of use.
Attachment 172897
Attachment 172898
Attachment 172899
Attachment 172900

In addition to the standard viewfinder, the FB-1 viewfinder base and FC-1 & FD-1 viewfinders are also included. I found the FC-1 particularly useful – it gives a large, bright view and can swivel to allow viewing from above, as when the camera is mounted on a tripod at waist level. I've even got the little plastic tool (not shown in the pictures) for tweaking the diopter adjustment.
Attachment 172901

The price for the entire package is $600, and that includes PayPal fees and domestic shipping by Priority Mail. At this time, I prefer to sell the entire package and not break it up. Considering the condition of everything in the package plus the service that's been done, I think the price is quite fair and it's firm; lower offers will be politely ignored. I'm taking a loss on this camera as it is. But I don't shoot film any more, and it seems a shame for it to just be sitting around in my closet.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Seven day return period if not as described

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by dshombert; 02-16-2014 at 11:27 AM.
05-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
If I didn't already have three LXs I'd be sorely tempted. The Grip B often brings $60 or better and helps the handling of the camera. Good that the straps lugs are there, since the originals are hard to find. Seems to me like a good deal. The seller should probably state whether the ASA goes to 1600 or 3200, and the serial number.
05-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
Original Poster
Yep. The ASA goes to 3200, SN is 5324705. Thanks for the suggestion.
05-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Very nice, indeed. Mine doesn't get enough exercise, but I'm hanging onto it. Good luck with the sale, though. It should make someone here very happy.

05-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Please, someone give this gorgeous creature a good home. Then, pick up the AF400T TTL potato masher flash, the TR Power Pack and be absolutely ready to slay Nikon F3 and other lesser breeds using Pentax's finest 35mm camera, and I include the autofocus models. Shooting the LX is a transcendent experience. All Pentaxians should aspire to owning, or at least fondling, this magnificent camera!

Hmm, note to self. I may need to adjust my meds....
05-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks for the endorsements. You've almost talked me into keeping it! But only almost. If potential buyers are wondering, I'm giving this up because my 70+ year-old eyes can't be trusted to focus correctly any more, even with a viewfinder like this one.
05-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 59 (100%)
I know the feeling well, it gets much more difficult and frustrating.
05-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #8

P.M. Sent