Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
K-5, K300/4, Vanguard 43, Kenko 2xTC, Quant 28-90 & Macro FF, TR-III, Grip, Filter

Items for Sale:
  1. K-5 - Excellent Condition - with all original items + ACMAXX LCD Screen protectors - $500* SOLD
  2. K300/4 comes with original front and back caps - $200*
  3. Vanguard Up-Rise 43 Sling Bag + Bonus - $55Sold
  4. Kenko 2x MC7 DG AF Teleplus 2X Magnification - $90* Sold
  5. Qunataray 28-90 FF AF Multicoated MIJ Lens - $50* Sold on eBay
  6. Quantaray (Sigma) 28-90 FF AF MACRO f3.5-5.6 MIJ - $75* Sold on eBay
  7. TR-III Flash Battery Pack (no cord) - $40* - Withdrawn
  8. Meike D-BG4 Grip for K-5/5II/5IIs/7 cameras - $25* - Sold
  9. 49mm Tiffen UV Filter - $10
  10. Pentax PX21A Off Camera Shoe Adapter F - $25
Items with an* are also listed on eBay. No extras are offered on the eBay listings. PM me if interested here.

Shipping varies and there is a reduction for combining items. Item Location Atlanta (United States)

#1 Item for Sale
K-5 - Excellent Condition - with all original items - $550 $500
Price
$550 $500
Item Description
Pentax K-5 with updated firmware in excellent condition. I am the original owner and take great care of all my gear. I am selling because I bought a K-5IIs. The camera has been trouble free. This camera has never been dropped, damaged, or serviced. The camera body has ACMAXX screen protector, both the back and the top LCD. ACMAXX LCD Protector - Pentax K-5
The Eye cup is included in box - it is unused as I have to use a -3 diopter attachment.
The camera was purchased new from Adorama on 11/28/11 with the 2-year extended warranty.
Shutter count is 17500. Never had any issues with the camera. No sensor issues. No drops or damage. Everything works as it should.
The camera comes complete with everything that it did originally when new including the packaging. Below is a list of the included items:
  • K-5 camera
  • Original box and packaging
  • Original battery in perfect working condition
  • Battery charger with power cord
  • A/V cable - never used
  • USB cable - never used
  • Neck strap
  • Camera body cover
  • Hot shoe cover
  • Viewfinder cover - never used
  • Original manual and assorted paperwork
  • Software CD - never used
Overall, exterior is in excellent condition. Camera has been on a Pentax Grip for a long time so even the bottom of camera is clean too.
As I said, I purchased the Extended warranty at the time of purchase of the camera. Stormtech just sold his K-5 and he added this to his sale information about warranty issues:
This seems to be a gray area concerning the transfer of warranty to a second owner. From some of the accounts I've read here on the forum, Pentax is somewhat lenient about warranty repair if proof of purchase is provided that proves it is not a gray market camera. While I am certainly not saying that the second owner would be able to obtain warranty repair, I will be included the following items to aid the new owner in the case a repair might be needed. I did purchase the extended 2 year warranty the same day as the camera purchase which makes for a total of 3 years of warranty - good until 11/28/14.
I've done my best to include all the details about the camera and have included photos. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

#2 Item for Sale
Pentax K300 f4 - Later Model - with Tripod Ring

Price
$250.00 USD $200

Item Description
This K300/4 comes with original front and back caps.

I'm just not using this lens now that I have a Tamron 70-200 and a good 1.4x TC. I need to offset the cost of my K-5IIs so I am cleaning out some gear I just don't use.

I purchased this lens used. I treat my gear well. This lens has its own case and I have used it primarily on tripod.

Clean optics with a few specs of dust - it is nearly 40 years old. Diaphragm blades are clean and snappy. Mount is clean. Body is pretty clean with one ding (see pic) on the built in hood.

Added Bonus: Pay asking price and receive a free Pearstone Lens Bag.

Mount pictured already sold, price dropped accordingly.

Features:
  • Engraved Name: smc PENTAX 1:4 300mm (later version)
  • Image Format 24 x 36 mm
  • Focal Length 300 mm
  • Largest Aperture f/4
  • Closest Focus 400 cm
  • Max. Magnification 0.09x
  • Aperture Ring Yes, without 'A' setting
  • Diaphragm Smallest Aperture f/32
  • Number of Blades 8
  • Optical Construction 7 elements, 5 groups
  • Filter Size77mm
  • Hood Built-in, slide out
  • Field of View (Diag) 5.5 degrees (APS-C)
  • Field of View (Hor) 4.6 degrees (APS-C)
  • Diam x Length 85 x 188 mm
  • Weight 1020 g
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-K-300mm-F4-Lens.html

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Charge
$8.95

#3 Item for Sale
Vanguard Up-Rise 43 Sling Bag + Bonus

Price
$65.00 USD 55.00

Item Description
I'm cleaning out unused gear. This Vanguard bag is very nice, but I find I use my LowePro sling because it's straps are longer and it takes my SlipLock attachable lens cases and filter/flash bags too.

Free Bonus: If you buy this for asking price a K camera remote is included.

I was given this bag for Christmas by my children. I've not actually worn it outside and it has been gathering dust. I was getting gear ready to sell and my son asked about this bag, I was honest with him and he said "Dad, if you don't use it that's wasteful." So, I'm putting it up for sale.

It's a very well made bag with lots of features and plenty of room for a K body + flash + 4 lenses in the main compartment.

Features:
  • Sling Bag Design
  • Inside Dimensions(LxWxH mm):200 x 130 x 230
  • Outside Dimensions(LxWxH mm):280 x 260 x 455
  • Inside Dimensions(LxWxH inches):7 7/8x 5 1/8x9
  • Outside Dimensions(LxWxH inches): 11 x 10 1/4 x 17 7/8
  • Weight: 2.56lbs/1160g
  • Exterior Fabric: 600D Polyester ripstop + 230D*230D Nylon
  • Interior Fabric: 150D Polyester + Velvet
  • Capacity: One DSLR camera with grip and attached lens and accessories like 3-4 extra lenses, flash, battery and charger
The top compartment is domed shaped and larger than many of the other bags of this size and type. There is a zippered mesh pouch on the strap near the base of the bag for small items. There are also two flat compartments on the side opposite the opening to the main camera area. One is zippered and about 4inx4in with a slightly curved zippered opening. The other is 4in x 7-8in and made of a spandex-type material. The straps are very well padded top and bottom with loops to help keep them in place when not being used. There is a side strap for extra security that can be stored in a small opening in the back of the bag.

The bottom is flat enough for the bag to stand most of the time and made of a denser more impermeable material. Zippers all have nice storage areas. The interior is international orange so its easy to find items that may have come loose. There is a mesh pocket inside the domed storage compartment as well. It has a separate zippered compartment in the back of the bag for the rain cover to be stored.

The main compartment is fully reconfigurable with velcro dividers and each interior wall accepts the velcro making it easy to change the size and placement of the interior compartments. The opening is differently configured from most sling bags that I have seen. It is not one that is opened partway for use in accessing the camera and more fully for loading and unloading the lenses and other materials. The camera access opening serves only that purpose, to access the other stored items there is a separate opening in the back of the bag that is heavily cushioned. The camera opening is different in several other respects as well - it has 3 closures including zippers, velcro, and male-female plastic snap-in. The flap to the camera opening also has a padded handle that when all the closures are in place allows you to carry the bad sideways rather easily.

Accessing the main compartment for changing the configuration or getting at all the items means opening the main flap on the back of the bag via a 3/4 zipper that stores in nice rubber receptacles that keep them from flapping and rattling. The back has some of the most serious cushioning, including a lumbar pad, of any bag I have used. The back flap will not fully open and extend but is instead limited to about 60 degrees by elastic mesh that is intended to keep items from falling out when the back is opened and the bag is in the upright position. In addition to the standard dividers that we have all seen making 4 lens openings, there is a velcro strap about 2in in width that makes the space on top of the lens attached to the camera that is inserted into the compartment another long flat compartment of its own perfect for a flash.

Overall, very stylish with lots to recommend it. The only thing missing is that the straps are very wide and comfortable but a wee bit short for me at 6'3".

Yes
Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling
Item Condition (Key)
Used - Mint
Shipping Destinations
Worldwide
Shipping Charge
Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

#4 Item for Sale
Kenko 2x MC7 DG AF Teleplus 2X Magnification

Price
$100.00 USD

Item Description
I have a new TC that works with my 70-200 - which is what I actually use a TC with and so I am selling this very nice copy of the Kenko 2x TC. Original front cap (kind of important) and replacement rear cap. Optics are clean, focuses with Screw and SDM contact lenses.

Recommended By 100% of reviewers
Average User Rating 8.20

Here is my review of the 2x TC from the Teleconverter section of the Lens Review pages:

Pros: Works on AF with K5, 2x converter, good build quality Cons: loss of contrast and 2 f stops
Definitely works with the lenses in AF mode on the K5. I knew there would be some image quality lost but was surprised that the majority of it seems to be in contrast. Everything looks a wee bit greyer with this added. AF is slower than the lens by itself but its not prohibitively slow. It's built well and functions smoothly with a variety of lenses.

UPDATE: 09/16/12 - Tried it with my 18-135WR DC lens and because it has the PowerZoom contacts it does power the DC motor in the 18-135.
UPDATE: 10/25/12 - Got around to trying it with the Tamron 70-200/2.8 - don't bother. The combination hunts and hunts like its in CDAF mode instead of PDAF. It just makes the lens unusable when paired with this TC.

No
Are you selling or trading this item? Selling
Item Condition (Key) Used - Excellent
Shipping Destinations United States
Shipping Charge 5.95

#5 Item for Sale
Qunataray 28-90 FF AF Multicoated MIJ Lens

Price
$60.00 $50.00 USD - ADDED BONUS - New, Unused, Lens Case!

Item Description
I'm clearing out gear I do not use. I have another lens in this range and one had to go. This is in excellent condition, clean optics, clean body, good mount, snappy blades. Zoom is smooth with excellent dampening.

This is a rebagged Sigma lens by all online accounts. But, this is NOT the Macro Version. The IQ is great, it focuses faster than any other lens I have ever seen, it is pretty compact, and it is light.

Comes with original front and replacement back cap.

Specs:
  • 28-90mm Zoom
  • f3.5 - 5.6
  • Multi-Coated
  • AF
  • Filter Size = 55mm
  • Made in Japan
No

Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Other (See Listing)

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

#6 Item for Sale
Quantaray (Sigma) 28-90 MACRO f3.5-5.6 MIJ

Price
$75 USD

Item Description
The Quanatray 28-90 Macro is very well thought of, this is not the standard 28-90 model. It shifts to Macro at 90mm and I just got a Pentax FA100 Macro so this is not getting used any longer. I used it a bunch for flowers and other family outings and its got great IQ, pleasing colors with good saturation, F-A-S-T auto focus, is FF, is light, and has an A ring.

Comes with Original front cap on tether, rear cap is Tamron model, box and paper.

Features:
  • 7 groups of 8 lenses
  • Angle of View: 75.4 - 27 degrees
  • Min Aperture: f22
  • Minimum Focal Distance: .29m (Magnification 1:2.3)
  • Filter Size: 55mm
  • Size: 69.5mm x 75mm (2.74in x 2.95in)
  • Weight 255g (8.20z).
Comes with box and packing instruction sheet (both marked Nikon unfortunately )

Found the thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...lens-club.html and became interested in the lens. This rebagged Sigma 28-90 Macro seemed to be a nice buy.

Nice range, fast autofocus, aperture ring, reasonable macro throw, 9 blades, and multi-coated which the Sigma 28-80 is not apparently.

There is an excellent side-by-side of this lens with Sigma here on the forum that also points out that this lens is Made in Japan.
The "Cheap AF 28ish-80ish zoom lens" club

The Macro is a bit quirky (set at 90mm, change switch, set camera to MF, focus throw is now about twice what it is when not in Macro mode) but seems to work well. The 1in manual focus throw becomes ~1.5in in Macro mode.

Colors are very accurate with good saturation across the spectrum.

Finally, its a plastic mount so some may be put off by this feature.

No

Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

#7 Item for Sale
TR-III Flash Battery Pack WITHDRAWN - Pentax apparently no longer supports this unit and will NOT sell parts for it. Sadly, too typical.

Price
$50 USD $40

Item Description
I had bids on two TR-III's and won both This one came without the cord or shoulder strap but is in perfect condition otherwise. Case and unit do not have a mark on them.

Mfr. Part: 37225
Expand the battery life of the AF540FGZ flash by up to 700 shots.
Uses 6 C-size Alkaline batteries.
Includes case and strap for comfortable, unencumbered use in the field.
Provides Approx. 700 flashes on one set of batteries.
Recycle Time: Comments here on PF have indicated that "With 4 Eneloop AA NiMH battery cells in the flash, and 6 cells (in adapters) in the power pack, you can get at least 250 full-power strobes, with the cycle time from 1 to 2.5 seconds."

Dimensions: 95 (W) x 190 (H) x 40 (D) mm - 3.7 (W) x 7.5 (H) x 1.6 (D) in

Weight: 340g (12.0 oz.) w/o batteries - 740g (26.1 oz.) w/ batteries

Notes: AA batteries are required in the AF540FGZ flash, even if the TR Power Pack III is in use. The flash will not operate without AA batteries loaded.

No

Selling

Item Condition (Key) Used - Like New
Shipping Destinations United States
Shipping Charge $5.95
Shipping Services USPS Priority Mail

#8 Item for Sale
Meike Grip for K-5/5II/5IIs/7 Pentax Cameras Sold
Price
$30 USD $25
Item Description
The Meike grip is a replacement for the D-BG4 Pentax grip that sells for $199-229. It worked flawlessly when my Pentax Grip developed a fault and had to go in for service to CRIS. It does not have weather sealing (none of the knockoff grips do) but otherwise works very well. Comes with original packaging, box, and both D-Li90 and AA battery trays. In excellent condition.
Yes
Selling
Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New
Shipping Destinations
United States
Shipping Charge
$5.95
Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

#9 Item for Sale
Tiffen 49mm UV Filter - BNIB, never opened - $10
Added Bonus - Lens Leash II

Price
$15 $10

Item Description
Brand new Tiffen 49mm UV Protector Filter - 10 year warranty (Model 176858)

Shipping: $2.95

#10 Item for Sale
Pentax PX21A Off Camera Shoe Adapter F - $25
Excellent condition, a few nicks on the bottom plate (see photos).

Shipping: $2.95

Shipping Services

USPS

Accepted Payment Types

PayPal to PP Confirmed Address

Return Policy & Additional Details
Sold As Is

Please send me a private message if interested!

Last edited by Docrwm; 06-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.
05-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump with eBay note.
05-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Pm sent for meike grip.
05-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chunlei Quote
Pm sent for meike grip.
Grip still available.

Last edited by Docrwm; 05-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.
05-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #5

PM sent
05-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
pm sent for Kenko TC + sling bag
05-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #7
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Meike Grip

Payment sent

05-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mariopato2010 Quote
Payment sent
Meike Sold, will ship Tuesday - thanks.
05-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member

PM sent
05-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BethC Quote
PM sent
And the K-5 is sold to the very nice Pentaxian from PA! Thanks!

Kenko TC + sling bag still available.
05-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
From the list thumbnail what did I see? Pentax pens? I want one!
05-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxlover22 Quote
From the list thumbnail what did I see? Pentax pens? I want one!
They were offered as an incentive to purchasers of the camera and K300.
05-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump