Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Tokina 28-200mm Zoom Lens and Tokina "A" Teleconverter

For sale: Tokina SZ-X 28-200mm f3.5-5.3 Zoom "A" Type Lens. Near-mint condition. SOLD

Also for sale: Tokina RMC P/KA (with "A" setting) 2X teleconverter. Mint Condition. SOLD

The Tokina 28-200mm lens is in beautiful shape. No scratches. Barely a hint of wear. The Multi-Coat is perfect. Full metal barrel, beautiful construction, but actually not that heavy. It has the "A" setting which allows easy use of flash and on camera aperature control. Diaphram is snappy. The aperature ring clicks perfectly. No visible dust inside. This lens was barely used. This lens came with the large unmountable flange and the dreaded "ricoh pin", but I took the liberty of removing both of those so I guarantee the lens will mount perfectly and not get stuck. (I have tested it on my own K10D) The lens is 100% operational. Sometimes, you can find this lens elsewhere, but unless you remove the flange and the pin (which isn't that easy, I found), the lens will not mount. (I do have the flange and pin if you want it when you purchase it). Original front and rear caps included.

This is a manual focus push-pull type zoom so it is quite compact. The zoom range is wonderfully useful and surprising good throughout.

This lens was quite praised at the "other" Pentax forum under the Vivitar name. As you can see, it is the same lens. Personally, I find the 1:4 macro feature at the 200mm end most intriguing. Other than the magnification, it works reasonably well in place of a dedicated macro and at 200mm it has excellent reach.

"Manual Focus Gem Discovered Link"

Lens Pic 1
Lens Pic 2
Lens Pic 3
Lens Pic 4

Also for sale:

I also incidentally have a Tokina 2X Teleconverter which has a perfectly functional "A" setting. This teleconverter will pass through the "A" setting to your camera allowing your "A" lenses to function normally. I have fully tested it and it works perfectly. This teleconverter is in perfect shape. I would dare to call it mint condition. It is also of all metal construction. Given the dimensions of the teleconverter, I would venture to guess that this is a 7 element teleconverter, not the cheaper 4 element type which is generally shorter. ( I had a similar 7 element Tokina-made Kenko DG autofocus one that looked almost identical to this one I am selling now) However, since it doesn't say anything on the lens, I cannot prove it. I think this teleconverter is a perfect match for this Tokina lens. Original front and generic rear cap included.

Converter Pic 1
Converter Pic 2
Converter Pic 3

This is about as well constructed a pair of lenses I've ever seen. If you are a fan of good metal construction, this is for you!

As always International buyers are most welcome.

Shipping is via USPS Priority Mail Insured:

$10 US
$30 International

I have a number of good reviews here and 100% on ebay. PM me if you would like references. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Youngster; 03-16-2008 at 10:54 AM.
03-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
I recently bought a smc a 70-210 f4, but have been considering a teleconverter. Would this lens require one like yours? Or will it work with all teleconverters..
Consequently is it still available? lol
03-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
Original Poster
This question is probably more appropriate for a private PM, but:

Yes, this teleconverter would work with your Pentax A 70-210 lens and it would pass the aperature information along so you could control it on camera and the flash would work normally.
Can you use any teleconverter? Sure, if you use an "M" type teleconveter (which can be had for around $10) you would lose the benefits of the "A" lens with the flash and on camera aperature control.
There are also autofocus versions which cost more but can be used with your autofocus lenses as well.

So basically:

K Type Teleconverter: Only doubles your focal length and costs some light.
A Type Teleconverter: All of the above plus on camera aperture control and flash syncronization.
Auto Focus Type Teleconverter: All of the above plus AF.

Finally, Yes, it is still available.
03-15-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Hello!

If the Tokina 28-200mm is still available, I'd like to purchase it. I've sent you a PM. Many thanks!

New to the forum . . . but a proud, lifelong Pentaxian.