Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
SMC Pentax K200mm F2.5: Price & condition updated. Now US$325. See listing.

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax K200mm F2.5

Asking Price
375 USD 325 USD

Item Location
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Item Description
For sale is one SMC Pentax K200mm F2.5 prime lens. It comes with the original "PENTAX" 77mm front lens cap and an "ASAHI OPT. CO. - JAPAN" rear lens cap.

The lens condition needs to be described in two parts:
Firstly, the lens optics are in EX+ condition. The lens optics are in EX+ condition but the rear element has an issue as described in the thread. They are bright and clear with one or two specks inside that do not show on images. The front element is clean and shows negligible wear. The aperture blades are clean (oil free), move in unison, and are snappy (not sticky).
Secondly, the body of the lens is in VG condition. This lens has seen a lot of use and has brassing and wear on the outside. The aperture ring clicks nicely and has firm, definitive steps. The focus ring is well damped and requires suitable input to rotate it. There is no play or looseness. The lens hood slides easily and has no deformations/dents that would cause it to become stuck.

This item is from a smoke-free home, and I am a non-smoker. Please note that I have nothing against smokers.

My reasons for selling this lens are as follows:
1. It deserves to be used and I just wasn't using it enough. Somebody else needs to do this.
2. I was recently given a 300mm f4 as a gift and that made me use this beauty even less.
3. If a full frame sensor Pentax is produced, I would not be buying one since the crop factor aids me in my photography. A full frame lens such as this would see no use in my hands.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent Very good +

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide (See below)

Shipping Charge
Actual shipping cost including agreed upon options to be added to Asking Price. See below.

Shipping Services
Canada Post.

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Will ship to most destinations, some of which may have conditions attached. PM for details.
Shipping options include registered, insured, and signature. Shipping options can be changed, but may affect the Return Policy.

Return Policy:
****My feedback on Pentax Forums is 24 (100% positive). On eBay it is 142 (100% positive).****
Most destinations - If the item is not as described in the listing, send it back to me within 5 days of delivery/pick up. If I receive communication to the effect that the item has been delivered and examined and everything looks fine or words to that effect, then it is implied that it will not be returned and the Return Policy is no longer valid. For returning goods, Buyer covers return shipping cost and will be refunded the total original payment amount less original shipping cost. This will be initiated after the item has been received back here in its original listing condition. If an issue arises, we will discuss our options privately.
Some destinations will have a different Return Policy and maybe even no Return Policy at all. As stated above, PM for details.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by kcmadr; 06-11-2013 at 02:46 PM.
06-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Hi Mike,
Would it be possible to post images of this lens?
Does it come with a case? And if so, is it the original?
06-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pics coming up.
I do not have the original case. That must be a very scarce item!

---------- Post added 09-06-13 at 20:33 ----------

Here are the pics as promised.

---------- Post added 10-06-13 at 17:50 ----------

Price adjustment:

In the process of handling the lens I noticed an issue with the rear element. When held at a particular angle and viewed in a certain light, a small area of tiny dots shows on the rear element. It looks as if each of these tiny dots is an area where the coating is gone, almost like really shallow pitting. I am convinced it is not fungus. It is a small cluster and slightly offset from the centre of the element. I will revise the description and the asking price accordingly. I have not had any issues with image quality from this lens, so whatever these minor things are they don't seem to affect the images that I at least have taken. Remember we are talking about a 200mm f2.5 lens here.

Last edited by kcmadr; 06-10-2013 at 07:01 PM.
06-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Listing updated.

I will also consider trades - I am specifically looking for a macro lens (terms negotiable).

---------- Post added 13-06-13 at 17:00 ----------

This lens is no longer available.

Thank you to all for your interest.