Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
M42 lenses: EBC Fujinon-T 100mm f/2.8 and Sears/Sekor SX 55mm f/1.4

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

EBC Fujinon-T 100mm f/2.8 lens - $109Sold via eBay plus shipping
Sears/Sekor SX 55mm f/1.4 - $15 plus shipping, but read below

Here are two less common and well thought of M42 lenses with some minor issues. The Fujinon-T 100mm f/2.8 lens is externally pretty beat up, but functions normally. I have adapted it to close down manually, for use on a DSLR; this was not a destructive process and could be reversed. Also I repaired a major dent in the filer ring such that is now does accept filters and lens caps. It has seen plenty of use and has external blemishes and internal dust, including one very large speck right in the center - no effect on images that I can see, but it is there. The lens is incredibly compact for a 100mm, and takes great people pictures. Generic front cap is included, and "Konica 100" case. I don't have a rear cap but will throw a 2X TC on the back to protect the rear element, no extra charge. There is a lot of love for this lens out there on the internet, maybe you will love it too!

There's a lot of love for the Sears (Mamiya)/Sekor as well, but this one has more issues. Mainly, I did something wrong converting it to manual aperture, and now it will not stop down at infinity. It will stop down at any other focal length, and you can turn it too infinity after stopping down, but at infinity it freezes up. I tried a few things to fix this without success, and I would judge it probably not repairable to original condition at this point, although quite usable as it is. But not on a Pentax DSLR! The rear of the aperture ring sticks out, preventing it from being able to use a standard M42 to K adapter. One could probably sand that down, but I do not want to try. I did use it on my Q with good success. It would work on a bellows or on extension. And probably on other types of cameras as well. The rubber ring for focusing fell off, and it also has a big speck internally, to go with a tiny scratch on the front element. Anyway, you can see why it is bargain priced. :-)

Shipping $8 per lens, $10 for both in the US. International shipping available, please ask about rates to your country. Lower offers will be considered, but a full price offer will take 'em. I won't mark as a "gift" for customs purposes, sorry. PayPal is the preferred payment method although I will consider other methods if you strongly prefer. All items can be returned if not as described for a full refund, but please read descriptions carefully and if you have specific concerns please ask questions first. Thanks for looking, and happy shopping! Nick

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 09-01-2013 at 09:36 PM.
06-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great M42 lenses!
07-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Another bump, I am feeling too lazy for eBay.
07-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
pm sent

07-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Both lenses still available! I managed to file off the protruding lip of the aperture ring on the Sear/Sekor, so it is now mountable and usable on a K mount DSLR (with an M42 adapter, of course). No metal dust got inside, but inspecting it closely I did see some wispyness on the rear element. A thorough cleaning did nothing for this, so it may be scratches or etching from old fungus. I do not think there can be any active fungus on the lens after my cleaning. A few test shots are attached. Given the rear element findings I will keep it at the discount price of $15. Man that's cheap! :-)

I also filed off the "Fuji Lug" on the 100/2.8. It is fully functional, as described above, and ready to roll!

07-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here are some samples from the Fuji 100/2.8: (Removed now that lens is sold)

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 08-06-2013 at 04:31 AM.
07-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Prices lowered. I guess with the rear element of the Sears looking a little junky, I cant ask more than $5 for it. Or it is free if you buy the Fujinon! Attached is a picture of the rear element with light shining on it (brings it out, you normally can't see the junk) and plus you can see how the aperture ring looks after its shave.

07-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Fujinon-T now on eBay here. Starting at 99 cents.

Sears/Sekor here, "for parts or repairs", 99 cents also. Happy shopping!

SOLD via eBay

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 09-01-2013 at 09:35 PM.