PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Olympus XZ-1, White, w/external charger and extra battery

Asking Price
180 USD

Item Location
Indianapolis, Indiana (United States)

Item Description
Well, the sell-off for operation Fund the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 and/or operation Fund my new home theater speakers continues. My Sigma 10-20mm is gone, and now another one of my favorite toys is on the block: The Olympus XZ-1.

My XZ-1 is in the less common white/black trim, which I find to be very striking. It also goes very well with my white K-30.

I used to have an Olympus PEN E-P1 to give me a smaller alternative to my DSLR, but when I saw how great the image quality was from the XZ-1, I sold the PEN and never regretted it.

Like other "Serious Compacts", the XZ-1 has features such as a larger sensor, a hotshoe, and RAW capture. But the thing that set the XZ-1 apart for me was the lens, which is incredible. it is very fast and very sharp. Better than the competition, as far as I could tell from the specs and by viewing sample images.

The camera comes with the original box and all the accessories, and it also comes with an external battery charger, and an extra battery. (From the factory, it charges the battery inside the camera). I have a third battery around here somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it this afternoon. If I find it, I'll also include it.

I can't say enough about the image quality of this camera. At low ISO, the images almost look like they were taken with a DSLR with a very sharp lens. Of course, DSLR's have the advantage at higher ISO's, but the XZ-1 is still very useable, and is much better than regular compact cameras. But with the very fast lens, you can usually stay at lower ISO levels. The lens starts at f1.8 at the wide end, and at the long end it only closes down to f2.5.

Here are some pictures I took myself. They were all shot in RAW, and developed in Adobe Camera Raw. In these pictures you can see the advantage of the very large aperture, with how the background is nicely blurred. And if you click on the pictures to see the original, full-size images, you will be able to see how extremely sharp the lens is.

Please click on any of the pictures for the full-size version!

The camera is in overall nice condition, but there are a few scratches on the corners from the original owner. They're not very noticeable, if you're not looking for them, but they are there. You can see them in the pictures. There is also a small scratch/scuff on the screen that is not visible when the screen is turned on. At least you won't have to worry about getting that first scratch! If the camera was mint, I would be pricing it at $220.

Please click on any of the pictures for a larger version!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$10 US, $40 Worldwide

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns only for not as described

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 06-30-2013 at 11:23 AM.
06-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
PM sent.
06-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Original Poster
The camera has been sold for the asking price, and it will be missed. Thank you to all those who expressed interest.