Item for Sale
Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS New

Asking Price
180 USD

Item Location
Las Vegas, NV (United States)

Item Description

Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS: $180

SHIPPING: I'll ship it CONUS for free and I am willing to ship it worldwide for however little it costs to ship it's diminutive weight.

FYI: I've had successful transactions in the marketplace and have a 100% positive feedback and a feedback score of 258 on ebay.

This DA 40mm 2.8 XS came with my K-01 kit I purchased a couple months ago. It remained in it's box, unopened until today, when I opened it to photograph it for this listing. Even then I did not remove the front nor rear lens caps. After I snapped the pics, it went back in it's box where it will remain until you open it.

My reason for selling it is that I already have one, and I LOVE it.

I mean how could you not? On your camera it's barely thicker than a body cap. It's the thinnest DSLR lens in the world! And from the side it literally looks like two pancakes stacked on top of each other (if your pancakes were tiny and black with ridges). It is truly the quintessential pancake lens.

And I'm not the only one that loves it. The average user rating for this lens is 9.09 in the forum's database. It doesn't get much higher than that.

Keep in mind that you'll probably pay more elsewhere. The last new one that sold on ebay went for $209, and Google Shopping says it's going for "$250 online".

Link to the user reviews of this lens:
SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS Reviews - DA XS Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Here's the lens description from the database:

"The SMC Pentax DA 40mm XS is based on the optical design of the SMC Pentax DA 40mm Limited, but its exterior is designed by Marc Newson so as to match the design of the K-01 mirrorless camera. The lens will work with Pentax DSLRs as well as with the K-01.

It is smaller being only 9.2 mm thick. The aperture blades are rounded which produces a smooth bokeh. The front element has SP coating which repels dust, water and grease and which makes it easier to wipe the front element clean."

Please PM me if you're interested.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 days, money back, buyer pays return shipping

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by geomez; 11-04-2015 at 03:06 PM.
07-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
PM sent
07-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)
Original Poster
Sale Pending.