Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
AA battery tray for Battery Grip BG-4

I recently purchased the K-5ii and also a used battery grip. Unfortunately the salesperson didn't tell me the I would get only the Li battery tray. I assumed that it would come with both. The problem is that I can't find just the AA tray for the grip. I've checked with Pentax to see if they sell it ( I would assume they could get broken and would need replacing), I looked on e-bay and could not find any. The other problem is that the Pentax battery D-L190 is also unavailable at Pentax or it seems anywhere else. Without an AA tray or the Li battery, the battery grip is just a grip. My other option is to get a non-Pentax battery. Does any one have a suggestion for a good, reliable brand. I've seen a few on the market, with lower mAh storage than the Pentax and all with mixed reviews.

07-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 121 (100%)
Have you tried the Chinese knock-off grips? maybe the AA tray from that one may work with the D-BG4. Moreover, I have had no issues with eBay batteries with all my Pentax cameras.
07-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ordered a Wasabi battery from Amazon. It's in the mail.
07-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Got the battery today. Quick delivery. Put it in the camera to see if it works. Fits and works fine. Reads battery as full. Tried it in the grip with the same results, so I put it in the charger to fill it up completely. Fits the charger perfectly. Now I have lots of AA lithium batteries. Since the AA tray takes 6 batteries and they are sold in 4 packs, I bought 3 packs to have 12 batteries. Now I have plenty of batteries for my flash.

07-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 59 (100%)
If you are no longer seeking this item? please tick on "Item Acquired" or "Withdraw Listing" on right of thread. Thanks.

Last edited by Bramela; 07-21-2013 at 12:48 PM.