Primes! - 28/2.8 - 35/2.4 - 50/1.4

Asking Price
$100 USD

Item Location
Seattle, WA USA (United States)

Item Description

SMC (K) 50/1.4 - $100
------ reduced from $120
Check out my "shootout" thread. I picked this lens and another up in a trade and it works fantastic. It is so similar to my 55/1.8 that it just doesn't make that much sense for me to have both. The 55 has been with me longer and has taken some of my favorite photos so I'm going to let this one go instead. If the 35 were a 1.4...well too bad I can't combine these into one lens. Lots of pics in that thread, check it out.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/229434-shootou...k55-1-8-a.html

I've been acquiring a number of lenses and getting to know them and my camera and now I'm ready to let a few go. All 3 of these came to me through Pentax Forums used. I'm listing prices for each and will float some trade bait below. It doesn't hurt to ask. My intent is to price fairly, not top dollar, but fair. I looked at closed sales here, Adorama, BHP, KEH and eBay. Some of you have a lot more experience than me, my intent is to be honest and descriptive, if you would like to see other pics of or with these lenses, let me know what and it will be so. If you get the lens and it's not as described, let me know and we'll work it out. I've had a few transactions here and would like to keep my flawless rating up.

I have used all of these lenses a fair bit and will say that they are all great. No issues with any of them. I've not so much as wiped them off, so there is some dust on the outside that probably shouldn't be there, but I'll leave that to you. The manual primes, if I shine a flashlight through them, have some dust but nothing that I don't think is normal. Pictures with all are fine to my eyes.

Questions? Service with a !

Photos:

Price includes CONUS shipping. I'll ship (almost) anywhere, but we'll have to work out cost and terms over and above what I listed.

My plan is to liquidate and shop, but I'm open to trades.

I really want a nice 24mm prime.
Ideally a K or A 24/2.8
DA 21 ltd or an M 20, maybe. FA 24/2, sure..but...

Would also trade for or toward a M85/2

SMC (M) 28/2.8 - $60 - SOLD
So, this was sort of an add on to the trade mentioned above. I really didn't want it. But, it's the one that I'm not sure about letting go of. I've been astounded by the photos and it's changed my perspective on perspective. It made me want a 24mm right away, hard to explain why, but stepping back from the 35-55 range to 28 just made me want to go back further. I have a (K) 30/2.8 being serviced right now and I may drag my feet until I get it back to make sure that it's a suitable replacement. It wasn't even close when I sent the 30 off for CLA. This is an amazing lens. I may just have a good copy, but I've never been overwhelmed with the galleries I've seen and maybe underestimated it based on the fact that it is common and cheap. Condition wise this one is in better shape than any of my others.

DAL 35/2.4 - $150 -- SOLD

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included CONUS

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS, FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I want you to be happy. Please know what you're buying. If your experienced eye sees something that I do not, then contact me within 10 days and we'll work it out, even if I have to take it back. That said, please don't get it and then change your mind. Someone else might have bought it if I had left it up there.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 07-17-13 at 06:55 AM ----------

The 35 is sold, the K and M lens are still available!

Last edited by troika; 07-22-2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: DAL 35 sold - M28 sold
07-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump with a smiley face -
07-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
TLS
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
Bump with a smiley face -
Pm sent
07-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
PM Replied, thank you.

---------- Post added 07-18-13 at 03:26 PM ----------

The M28/2.8 is sold!

07-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here's a photo taken with the 50/1.4 wide open this week in a local coffee shop.

It's a great lens. If you look at my "shootout" thread, that I referenced in the original post, I think you'll see why I'm letting it go. It's almost indistinguishable from my 55/1.8, which I've just had longer and am more attached to.

Fantastic lens. I'm surprised this is the last of my 3 to go. I knew there would be a market for the DAL35, but I thought this would be a quick sale. Still available to a good home.
07-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Okay, I admit to being confused about the current market value of Pentax lenses. Some seem way inflated right now while others seem underpriced. K Lenses seem to be in demand right now, but I'll reduce this one once here - to $100 and then regroup on what to do with it. I may relist it with another in a few weeks or it may be a better ebay lens.

So, if you're thinking about it. I'll ship it to you and cover insurance in the US for $100. Don't live in the US, you say? Cover the delta on shipping and it's yours.

Last edited by troika; 07-22-2013 at 12:51 PM.
07-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'm heading out of town for a long weekend, so I'm going close this thread out when I get back if no one has expressed interest in the 50/1.4. I'll either hang onto it for a while and see if the extra partial stop is more useful to me when it gets darker in the winter or list it on eBay. I would have rather sold it here, further built up my forum marketplace rating and keep it in the family. But, no has even inquired about it, so I'm going to assume the timing is not right.

But, I'll leave this up a few more days, just in case. It's a great lens and has a well documented history through my photos and the previous owner, who is also a forum member.

So, I guess I'm saying...bump.