PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Kenko Teleplus AF DG 2X MC7 Pentax Teleconverter

Asking Price
75 GBP

Item Location
Sunderland (UK)

Item Description
Pentax K-mount compatible AF (screw-drive, NOT SDM) Kenko MC7 DG 2x teleconverter. Excellent condition, in original box, with all documentation, end caps, and pouch. Bought July 2012, and has had little use since.

This is a modern, 'P-AF' teleconverter, which lacks the two additional electrical contacts necessary to autofocus SDM lenses. Those contacts originally operated power-zoom lenses, and Pentax later re-used them for SDM, which is why, paradoxically, it tends to be OLDER teleconverters that will autofocus with SDM, whereas this one will autofocus with screw-drive lenses only.

I've tried this teleconverter on a K-5 with the 12-24mm, 18-55mm WR, 50-200mm WR, 55-300mm, and 100mm WR macro lenses (granted, using a teleconverter with the 12-24mm is pointless, but I just wanted to find out if it would work), and it will auto-focus with all of them.

This is also a 'DG' teleconverter, which means that it passes unmodified lens data through its electrical contacts, therefore the EXIF data will record the focal length of the lens ONLY, NOT the lens and teleconverter combined. Kenko's latest 'DGX' teleconverters include updated circuitry to record, in the EXIF data, the equivalent focal length of the lens plus teleconverter, and had just been introduced when I bought this one... but only for Canon, Nikon, and Sony. 'DG' was still the only option for Pentax... and when I emailed Kenko on 6 May 2013 to ask if, and when, we might expect 'DGX' for Pentax, they replied that their production of Pentax-fit teleconverters was about to cease altogether! So if you want a (like) new one, and can live with the aforementioned limitations, buy this while you can!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
FREE within the UK. For elsewhere, please contact me for a quote (which I will REDUCE by the UK rate, as I'm offering free domestic shipping).

Shipping Services
Royal Mail (Special Delivery or International Signed For, as appropriate)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
In the event of a genuine issue with this item not being as described, I will accept return within seven days of delivery (shipping cost at buyer's expense).

Although I am a new seller on this forum, I have excellent feedback on eBay and in Amazon Marketplace (trading as kev_of_southwick in each case).

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by K3v1n5; 08-05-2013 at 02:10 AM.
08-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Original Poster
Reduced to 75.