PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX DC Macro..bargain with issues

Asking Price
$135.00 USD

Item Location
Pittsburgh (United States)

Item Description
I'm the original owner of this lens (it's the more highly rated Macro version) and it's served me well 4 + years. I'm selling this both to help fund another purchase and also because I now have an FA20-35 which I can use with my full frame/film cameras, so the Sigma is redundant for me. It's sharp and I'll miss the low light capabilities of the f2.8 though. OK, the issues. The front element has a tiny mark about the size of a pin prick on it which is on occasion seen in the image. It also has a few small rub marks in the lens coating, also on the front element, but I haven't seen these in my images. Both issues are easily cleaned up in pp. You should be able to see these markings in the picture. Finally, for some reason about a year ago, the Sigma began showing the wrong focal length in the meta data when the focal length being used is less than 23mm. If shooting at any length less than 23mm, it just shows 23mm. From 23mm to 50 mm, it shows correctly. This hasn't bothered me because I've only been concerned with the images.

If can look past these issues, you'll get a fast, sharp, quality zoom that's a decided upgrade from the kit lens, at a bargain price. Comes with the original box, case, hood, rear cap and Tiffen 72mm Uv filter.

I feel I've disclosed everything but if you aren't satisfied I'll still give you the option to return it within 5 days. I'm selling this for $135 including shipping and paypal fees.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included in price

Shipping Services
USPS or UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Will accept return if shipped back to me within 5 days of your receipt

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
08-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 136 (99%)
pm sent
08-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
2nd in the line
08-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 45 (100%)
3rd in cue.

08-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Original Poster
pm sent to 1st in line. if no sale, will contact other replies in order in which they came. Will reply to all pm's