PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron SP AF Aspherical Di LD (IF) 17-35mm f2.8-4

Asking Price
$235 $215 USD $190 $175

Item Location
California (United States)

Item Description
Hey guys. I'm back from my teaching tour out in Taiwan! Unfortunately, it was one of those unpaid types in which they covered the flight, food and board, and a nice little tour. So, now that I'm back, I basically didn't work for a month. So, I need to lighten the load a bit with my glassware...

I bought this particular lens from another member here a few months ago and have been in love with it. It's a nice walk around lens though it did take me some time to get used to the available focal lengths. I was more used to the 18-50mm ranges or thereabouts but after a few times out with it, it felt fairly natural. I usually carry a fast 50 with me anywho so the slightly shorter length didn't really hurt any. The pictures that the lens produces are exceptionally sharp and this is probably one of the best lenses I've used. The throw isn't very short like some modern lenses so you will still be able to do a bit of manual focus if that suits you more than autofocus. I was pretty surprised by how much small detail it can capture on images (hair and whatnot) and even doing some extreme crops still shows quite a bit of sharpness. The last picture is an example of that.

I have the lens condition set to good (EX I supopose?) as the lens elements are in great shape with little to no internal dusting but the rubber on the barrel shows some of the usual wear from usage. The focus ring and the zoom ring are both buttery smooth in function and the aperture ring clicks and functions as it should (should you decide to use manual over auto). The aperture blades are dry and snappy with no oil on the blades. It's all in good shape! The lens is also full frame compatible. Also, from what I gather, it is optically similar to the 17-50 f2.8 variant that was released sometime later.

Included with the lens is the original hood, front and back caps, a fotiodox circular polarizer. I have a UV filter stashed somewhere and that will also be included once it turns up.

The price includes priority shipping, insurance and any paypal fees. For international buyers, shipping is a bit steep and there may be surcharges that are involved so please only contact me if you're willing to cover these! I will cover $20 of the shipping if you're willing to cover the rest.

If you have other questions, feel free to contact me.

Here are some reviews from our own database: Tamron SP AF 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di LD Aspherical [IF] Lens Reviews - Tamron Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
DOA

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by northofpolaris; 08-22-2013 at 12:24 PM.
08-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Original Poster
Price reduction bump
08-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
Still available
08-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Still available? PM'd

08-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #5

Original Poster
Replied
08-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 49 (100%)
Bump -- This lens pairs very nicely with the Tammy AF 28-75 with equally excellent IQ and handling. I much prefer it to my DA 16-45 and the DA 18-55 is 'no contest'. If the FF body ever arrives this will be a sure winner.

H2
08-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks Pacer

Price drop bump

08-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #8

Original Poster
Another price drop bump. Can't really go much lower guys!
08-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #9

Original Poster
This is the lowest I can go on this. Bump.