PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Super Takumar 50mm F1.4 8 element version

Asking Price
$90 USD

Item Location
California (United States)

Item Description
I found this lens years ago staring at me sadly through a display case in a small camera shop. It looked well used though untouched for some time. Such is the life of Pentax lenses in a world of Canons and Nikons. Not too far from the shop was a college who's photography classes were packed wall to wall with excited faces who would only hear the name Pentax nostalgically from their professor. When I saw this lens sitting in the back corner with its distinctive IR mark to the right of the 4, I knew I found something amazing. I have had the M edition as well as the SMC Takumar version of this lens, but I really never knew how much more I would end up liking this lens.

I've put it through a lot of use. It's been one of those things that I thought I'd never get rid of. Unfortunately, sometimes things come up. The original screw cap it came with disappeared into the ether after a move and so did the front cap. A K mount rear cap works fine with the adapter, and I just took an official Pentax front cap from a "newer" lens and have been using that. The focus ring is worn, there's dust inside including a sizeable one but it sits to the outer ridges of the lens and I never knew it existed until I took a better look at the lens. The salesman, unfortunately, seemed to know nothing about the protruding rear element, so there are a few, small scratches on it. I haven't noticed them affecting the quality of pictures, however. The aperture is dry and snappy and the ring clicks where it should. The focus is buttery smooth as you all know taks to be. It's functionality is still top notch.

I am sorry it looks to be in such rough shod shape but it's been something I've always had great pleasure using otherwise, and never thought it'd be something I'd be parting with. I will include the adapter with it. It's a 3rd party adapter, but it allows focus to infinity and it sits flush with the body.

I will be listing my K-5 shortly that has 15,483 shutter actuations. I just need to take some pictures. If you think you're in the market for one, please contact me and perhaps I can work out a package deal if you'd like both. Thanks for looking. If you have other questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Other (See Listing)

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
DOA?

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo   

Last edited by northofpolaris; 08-20-2013 at 04:14 PM.
08-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Trying to send you a pm but it seems I need to make some forums posts first