PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 10-24mm

Asking Price
$325 USD

Item Location
Texas (United States)

Item Description
Excellent Tamron 10-24mm lens. I am the original owner. The lens was purchased last year. This lens has seen little to no use. As I have progressed in photography I have moved to an all prime lens lineup so I no longer use this lens.

The lens is in pristine condition.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
depends on your location, shipping included to the lower 48 states.

Shipping Services
USPS or other if you will feild the cost

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
prefer to ship within the USA but I am negotiable.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by alamo5000; 08-21-2013 at 05:23 PM.
09-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Original Poster
BUMP to the top to in case others didn't see the posting.
09-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
This is a very fun lens to own and shoot with. I just used it yesterday to take shots of my 3-year old daughter's new bedroom-- zooming out WIDE to 10mm allowed me to take in everything without needing to backup too far. I could never have captured the entire interior of her room with my DA 15mm. It handles really well because it's fairly lightweight and compact. Surprisingly decent build quality for a Tamron. If I didn't already own this lens, I would have purchased this one advertised for sale without question. Easily fulfills my wide-angle needs, and the ability to zoom up to 24mm gives it additional utility for walkaround purposes.
09-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 49 (100%)
Bump -- I've gotta agree -- the difference between 10-16mm has to be explored to be appreciated.

This lens is an entry into the UW lens catagory that may suit suit your needs quite well. The so-called upgrades may be hard to justify. Yes I do have one -- works well for me when needed.

H2

09-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
How is this lens for indoor/low-light use? I currently have the 28-75/F2.8 Tammy but find that sometimes it's just not wide enough. Was looking into the 17-50, but that doesn't seem to buy much more width and the large overlap in ranges makes it seem I wouldn't be gaining much. This range of FL seems more in tune with what I'd like, but, obviously, the aperture is smaller, so (in theory), it may not work as well in less-than-ideal lighting.
09-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
On my K-5 it works just fine. I can even stop down in a dimly lit room and use it without problem. I just ran a quick test and at ISO 800 on the K-5 and it did fine taking hand held shots at 1/50 even at f5.6 with no hunting... and the room I am in now is pretty dimly lit (with a single bulb lamp). It's just a trade off between ISO and aperture. It's not going to be some major issue with depth of field though. Wide open at 10mm 3 feet from the subject gives you over 6 feet of DOF according to my little calculator. 5 feet away is already at infinity. This kind of lens isn't for your bokeh shots. It all depends on what you plan to use it for. You can walk around outside and it gives some interesting options or you can use it indoors handheld... It's never posed a problem for me at all. Using an ultrawide is a bit of a different animal in my opinion. That goes for ANY ultrawide.

---------- Post added 09-04-13 at 08:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wedge Quote
How is this lens for indoor/low-light use? I currently have the 28-75/F2.8 Tammy but find that sometimes it's just not wide enough. Was looking into the 17-50, but that doesn't seem to buy much more width and the large overlap in ranges makes it seem I wouldn't be gaining much. This range of FL seems more in tune with what I'd like, but, obviously, the aperture is smaller, so (in theory), it may not work as well in less-than-ideal lighting.
One of the things I have noticed in shooting Ultra wide is paying attention to lighting as a whole. It's actually "so wide" that unless you are paying attention half of your shot will be lit and the other half in shadows. That isn't a reflection of the lens but rather the focal length.

I own the 17-50 as well and that one is a great little lens too. I have been considering selling both merely because I have moved to an all prime line up for my shooting. For me I did a little thing called trial and error and tried to develop my own style of doing things and over time I just discovered I like primes. It's not much more complicated than that.

I also have the Tamron 70-200. I can tell you all about each one.... the 17-50 is sharper than most zooms and you won't be disappointed in that one. But like I was saying, when you go Ultrawide your field of view is just drastically different than what most people are used to.
09-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Bump ---

09-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
Payment sent!
09-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #9
Pentaxian