Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
SMC Pentax-F 1.7X AF adapter for parts, repair or limited use.

SMC Pentax-F 1.7X AF adapter for parts, repair or limited use - $69 plus shipping ($7 US, $13 International)

Well, this was a wonderful piece of equipment that now has limited usability. The AF gear has failed so it can no longer auto focus. The magic of turning MF lenses into AF is gone. Erik Hendrickson thought he could repair it with the right parts, but had no way of getting them, and neither do I. If you had another one with lens problems, you could scavenge the gear, but I haven't been able to find one. Alternatively, could use this to salvage another one of these with fungus, scratches or other optical issues on the glass. (This one's glass is clear.)

It will serve now as an excellent 1.7X TC. It passes aperture information through for lenses with "A" contacts, and correctly adjusts it for the TC - a nice touch that most TCs do not do. I have advanced the focus helicoid so that infinity focus is allowed, but be careful to use it on Manual Focus mode only, or that could get thrown off. I've long harbored hopes of getting it running normally again, but now I will let someone else try, or use it as it is. It is hard to put a definite value on this, so feel free to make an offer, but keep in mind that a full price offer will take it.

PayPal is accepted, no marking as gift for customs, your money back if not as described, upon return, of course. Please elt me know if you have any questions! Thanks for looking, Nick

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 10-26-2013 at 01:04 PM.
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Pm sent to you.

---------- Post added 09-02-13 at 12:33 AM ----------

Payment sent.