PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC DA* 55mm f1.4 with Hoya UV filter - fantastic condition

Asking Price
615 AUD

Item Location
Newcastle, NSW (Australia)

Item Description
Here is a DA* 55mm f1.4, in excellent condition - and might I say that if there is some sample variation in quality, then this is an exemplar copy, because it is BRILLIANTLY sharp and contrasy at f1.4 and only gets better from there. See the sample pocture taken at f1.8 (only because it's the best photo I can find to demonstrate the sharpness - NOT because I'd rather show f1.8 than f1.4 - f1.4 really is basically the same, but for moving subjects like my 2 year old, nailing focus at f1.4 is obviously rare) - anyway check out the photo and the crop, it is a fantastically sharp lens with creamy bokeh and beautiful colours. - I feel like if you're looking for a sharp COPY of this lens (because some have been reported to be soft), then you need look no further.

It comes with a Hoya 58mm UV filter and is in excellent condition optically and cosmetically, as the photos will show. Only thing I don't have is the box, but still have hood and original front and rear cap.
Postage in Australia is included. The Paypal fee is ALSO included, meaning bank deposit will attract a $12 discount. Worldwide postage, please message me for a price.
Any other questions and offers are welcome - so enjoy!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free in Australia, overseas varies

Shipping Services
Australia Post, Pickup

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Accepted if item is in significantly inferior condition to that described upon arrival and is promptly returned to the seller.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Quazimoto; 09-20-2013 at 08:38 PM.
09-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump with price drop.
Remember it also comes with a Hoya UV filter.

I will miss the lens I just need to sell to make room in my bag!

Last edited by Quazimoto; 09-20-2013 at 08:38 PM.
09-11-2013, 03:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 59 (100%)
This lens's resolving power is incredible to say the least. I own one, I've made huge crops and had it on my 40" tv after crops and with no distortion at 2.2 and above. This is an amazing lens for picture quality. Good luck! Sorry you have part with it.
09-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
Original Poster
Yeah, I don't HAVE to part with it, so if I have to go much lower I won't, but I've also got the FA 77mm now, and the FA 35mm f2 so this one that's in between can make way - though I have to say that this is actually the nicest to handle and use. The metal FA 77 is fine too but the MF ring and the AF/MF switch on this are wonderful, plus it's WR.

09-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hi, I may be interested in this lens, do you know hoy much would it be to send it to Spain?