PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Meike Battery Grip, D-BG4 replacement

Asking Price
90 NZD

Item Location
Wellington (New Zealand)

Item Description
This is a third-party version of the Pentax D-BG-4 battery grip.
It works on the K-7, K-5, K-5 II, and K-5 IIs.

I can upload images, but you may as well consult these of a new one because my grip is essentially new. My grip did not come with the little translucent cap for the pins, though. This is not a problem, AFAIC, since I'd use a layer of bubble wrap around the grip when it is not on the camera anyhow to protect it against scratches.

I bought the grip from Amazon Germany a while ago and only used it twice since then.

It works very well, the buttons and dials work much better than those of the other third-party grip version I tried. The other version has metal pins and looks identical to the Pentax grip (sans weather-sealing) but the paint wears off easily and the controls weren't great at all (no pressure point and too little definition in the dial clicks). No such problems with the Meike grip. As a matter of fact, I like the battery door opening/closing mechanism on the Meike grip better than that on the original. It is larger and feels more sturdy.

The grip comes with both trays, for another D-Li90 battery and six AA's respectively. The D-Li90 tray has a little space for an extra SD card.

The only reason I am selling is because I came across the original and decided to spend the big bucks after all. The original is not significantly better but the front dial works like that on the camera whereas on the Meike grip it needs to turn in the other direction. As a K-5 II noob, I was getting confused and self-indulged in spending the money for the OEM D-BG4 after all. If you do not want to spend as much, I'm sure you'll manage. All Meike grip users do and it is very hard to find people complaining about it. Most do not appear to even notice it. Check out the reviews. I'm sure I'll receive infinite amounts of good karma for making this little known fact explicit.

I have the original box and the grip still has ~1.5 years warranty.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual shipping charges

Shipping Services
any you are happy with

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
The grip is as new and works perfectly. No returns because of a change of heart.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Class A; 09-03-2013 at 07:28 AM.