Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Spotmatic SP's, SP II, SP1000s, Canon FTBql, Chinon CS

I've been quite successful getting rid of most of these. Thanks, everyone! Because of this, Anyone who needs either of the SP1000s can have it free-- just pay the shipping on it. The clip on shoe was snagged up by someone, though, and isn't included anymore. Shipping for a body via Priority Mail has been around $8.50-$9.50 for one body, or $12.85 for 2 bodies. Make sure to PM me so I can get you the exact shipping quote!

Hello everyone! Selling some of my Screwmount gear as well as a K body and a couple off-brand bodies. Everything is listed below. Contact me for shipping quotes (or additional pictures; prices are without shipping but are what YOU pay on PayPal (I'm payin' fees). Prices are negotiable. I have these listed on eBay as well, so if you're on the fence, make sure to snag these. Broken cameras AS-IS, working cameras guaranteed against DOA. No batteries in any of these, as it's technically against USPS policy to ship batteries. I am interested in some stuff to trade, too, but not really looking to buy at the moment.
Here's what I'm interested in:

Spotmatic F
SMC Takumar/Super Takumar 28mm f/3.5 Acquired!
Macro Takumar 50mm f/4 (not preset)

Here's the Gear:
[B]Asahi Pentax KM[/B]--$40 NOW $28! SOLD!

Like a K1000, but with depth-of-field preview and a self timer. Camera is in VG shape-- small dents on the front of the prism, but otherwise clean. Seals are intact but getting a bit old. Shutter fires at all speeds reliably, and I wouldn't hesitate to use this camera everyday. Meter works.

Pentax Spotmatic SP-- $22 NOW $15 SOLD!

The classic Spotmatic. Camera is in Good condition. Everything works, but it is a little dinged up here and there. Nothing that affects function. When I pulled it back out the shutter was a bit sticky at slow speeds, but a few fires at all speeds and it's working just fine. Meter works, but I haven't calibrated it. Most old cameras I have had have not been dead on, test it against a digital camera and just adjust the ISO setting to get the right reading.

Pentax Spotmatic SP-- $16 NOW $10 SOLD!

Another classic Spotmatic. Generally the same as above, but with pretty heavy brassing on the bottom plate. Works just like the one above, but the wind lever does not snap back to the body. Still reliably winds, though.

Pentax Spotmatic SP1000's-- $7 each or $10 for the pair NOW $4 EACH OR $6 FOR BOTH!

Neither of these is perfectly functioning. One I pulled out and the mirror is locked, and will not fire or wind. Not sure about the meter, or anything else. The other was working fine, but the shutter stopped firing during my testing. Mirror is down, and it still wound. Seems like the shutter release broke on it. The meter was working when I started testing. You could probably combine these two to make a functioning one, or just harvest them for parts. One of them has the Asahi clip-on cold shoe.

Pentax Spotmatic SP II-- $15 NOW $10 SOLD!

This one is a puzzler. Everything works, and I put a whole roll of film through it yesterday and it came out just fine. Every now and then the mirror will stick up, and the meter will stick on, but it will continue to wind and fire. When it does this, the slow speeds (less than 1/15) sound the same. It sometimes will return the mirror on the next shot, sometimes it'll take a few shots. Sometimes it will go through a roll of film without incident, other times the mirror will lock up a few times in succession. Bummer, as this was my favorite Spotmatic. Seems like it shouldn't be much trouble to fix.

Chinon CS-- $20 NOW $15

This is a slick camera. A lot like the Spotmatic, but the wind lever is much smoother and ergonomic. meter lever is on the other side of the lens, and can be activated with a ring finger while looking through the viewfinder. Using the self-timer locks the mirror up-- the only thing in my opinion that could've been improved with the older Spotmatics. It's in very good shape, but it appears that at some point the strap lug broke off and was glued back on with Gorilla Glue. I put a strap on and yanked on it, and it holds just fine. Meter takes a Mercury/Silver Oxide battery and doesn't have a regulating circuit, so I don't know about it's accuracy.

Canon FTBql-- $40 NOW $28 SOLD!

This is an awesome camera, wish I had some Canon lenses to use with this. Mirror lock-up, depth-of-field preview, and a slick loading system that looks like a medieval torture device. Everything works perfectly and it is in excellent shape.

Thanks for looking! Pending on what lenses I can acquire, I may also be getting rid of my SMC-M 50mm f/1.7, and (potentially) a Full Frame Sigma 18-35 f/3.5-4.5.

Last edited by fretlessdavis; 09-25-2013 at 10:46 AM.
09-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump.
09-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump for big price reduction!
09-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump for huge and final price drop!

09-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
PM sent....
09-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent too...
09-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
KM and $10 SP gone, I'll update this evening.
10-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One final bump.... Free Sp1000's anyone?

10-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by fretlessdavis Quote
One final bump.... Free Sp1000's anyone?
PM sent ... J
10-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Bugger. Too bad you are in the US.
10-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
SP1000's have been spoken for, keeping the CS for a(nother) backup M42 body. Thanks everyone!!!