PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 1:2 Close Focusing

Asking Price
178 USD

Item Location
Northeast (United States)

Item Description
This Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 1:2 Close Focusing lens is in excellent-plus condition. The body shows very little signs of wear. Front and rear glass are clean, clear, and blemish-free; there must be a little bit of dust inside (as might be expected in an older lens but I could hardly see any); aperture blades are clean / oil-free and snappy; aperture ring clicks positively into all apertures; focus ring is well damped and smooth; and everything work as they should. Lens comes with generic front & rear caps.

Some reviews of this lens is listed below:

Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 1:2 Close Focusing Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Hin's Photo Corner: Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 1:2 Macro from Komine

theatre of noise: A look at the Vivitar 135mm Close Focusing lens

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$15.40

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail to USA PayPal-confirmed addresses including full insurance.

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return accepted only if the item is not as described. Buyer has 3 days after confirmed receipt to check the item to see if it meets seller's description. If buyer is not satisfied, buyer must ship item back to seller via USPS Priority Mail with full insurance. Buyer is responsible for all return shipping costs and assumes all liability until seller confirms receipt and condition of returned goods. Upon receipt of returned goods and confirmation of contents and condition, the seller will refund the full purchase price, less original shipping costs and any PayPal fees.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

09-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Original Poster
Another photo sample taken with this lens at F8. The details of the micro line "THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...." on the center/left of the $10 bill is clearly visible.
Attached Images

Last edited by 8stripe; 09-29-2013 at 07:59 AM.
09-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Re: Vivitar 135mm/f2.8

If I didn't already have my Pentax A* 200mm f/4 Close Focusing I'd be all over this. 8stripe is a great seller and his camera gear is in superb condition.
10-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Original Poster
Hi JackBak, Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, the minimum focusing distance for the Vivitar 135mm f2.8 CF lens is about 0.6m or 24". The minimum focusing distance for a typical 1:2 90mm macro lens is approximately 16”. You will gain 8” of working distance which is a great plus for working with bugs. When comparing to my Bokina Vivitar Series 1 90mm f2.5, this lens is just as sharp for macro work.

10-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Re: Vivitar 135mm/f2.8

Hi 8stripe,

I'm very new to the forum and as such haven't posted any items, yet. However, I am interested in this lens you have up for sale. Since I can't pm you per the forum rules, write me an email at the following address and we'll go from there.

jondot39dot74atgmaildotcom (change where appropriate)

Thanks. Jon

---------- Post added 10-08-13 at 09:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 8stripe Quote
Hi JackBak, Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, the minimum focusing distance for the Vivitar 135mm f2.8 CF lens is about 0.6m or 24". The minimum focusing distance for a typical 1:2 90mm macro lens is approximately 16”. You will gain 8” of working distance which is a great plus for working with bugs. When comparing to my Bokina Vivitar Series 1 90mm f2.5, this lens is just as sharp for macro work.
Given how highly touted that Vivitar lens is, and how much more expensive as well, that is a great recommendation.