Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
SMC-Pentax FA 77mm f1.8 Limited - MIJ - low serial (0002006) - Free postage in AUS

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC-Pentax FA 77mm f1.8 Limited - MIJ - very low serial (0002006) - Free postage in AUS

Asking Price
715 AUD

Item Location
Newcastle, NSW (Australia)

Item Description
If you've spent any amount of time on this forum, then this lens needs no introduction, nor does the collectable nature of the Made in Japan and very low serial number copies, which are becoming increasingly rare.
Cosmetically, this lens has seen better days. See the photos to see some scratches on the metal cap, and faded paint on the engraved "16" (regarding the F-stop). It's not an eyesore by any means, in fact the cap is by far the worst thing - the metal on the lens itself is in excellent condition, but I thought I should mention it. As usual, photos make it look worse of course, because they are close up on that very thing - but overall it's in good condition. I'd say EXCELLENT if it wasn't for the cap.
The glass is NOT-QUITE perfect. There appears to be two white flecs inside the lens, looks like they're behind the front element, though I'm not really sure. This is reasonably noticeable (I am judging from an enthusiast's point of view because I figure that's what you guys are... enthusiasts) - but has NO impact on image quality as far as I can see, optically it's perfect, seriously.
Example shot was taken @f1.8
I am as in love with this lens as the reviews had me believe I would be, but I really need some funds fast, so unfortunately it has to go.
The problems I have described are reflected in the price - a perfect condition low serial MIJ copy of this would be more! Don't think it's worth that? As I said, I am in need of funds so make me a reasonable offer!

Postage in Australia is included. The Paypal fee is ALSO included, meaning bank deposit will attract an $11 discount (or of course direct pick up from Newcastle). Worldwide postage, please message me for a price.
Any other questions and offers are welcome - so enjoy!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free in Australia, overseas varies

Shipping Services
Australia Post, Pickup

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Accepted if item is in significantly inferior condition to that described upon arrival and is promptly returned to the seller.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by Quazimoto; 10-06-2013 at 10:21 PM.
09-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent.
09-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Still for sale, thanks.
10-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump with a good price drop.
$715 (or $704 bank deposit) for an MIJ FA77mm!

10-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
still avalaible?

Please I would like to know if the lens is still avalaible .