Item for Sale
K-7 IR converted 720nm infrared

Asking Price
475 USD

Item Location
Golden, CO (United States)

Item Description
Infrared converted Pentax K-7 Digital SLR body

This is a full-time IR conversion, it will no longer take visible light photos.
It was professionally converted with a standard R72/89B IR filter with a cutoff of 720nm.

This camera works great. You can see some of the pictures I've taken with it above.
Other than the panorama, these were all taken handheld. No special filters were required, though these were taken with a polarizer on the lens.
There was minimal processing to get to the images you see (other than the panorama which was stitched).

The body has protectors installed over both LCD displays. There are some scuffs on these but that's why they are there.
I put 2 small (1 or 2mm) red paint dots on the body, 1 to the right of the viewfinder, 1 on the front to the left of the shutter release, to make it easy to identify my IR body from my unconverted one. This can all be seen in the photos.

The body will ship in the original box, along with the manual, cd, serial number card, strap, AV cable, body cap, battery charger, and battery (aftermarket). The box is for a body + lens kit but the lens is long gone and is not included in this auction.
Again, the kit lens is not included in this sale.

I also have a Pentax SMC 17-70mm F4 lens that I used exclusively with this body. It can be included for an additional $350 and would ship in its original box as well.

Feel free to ask questions.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
FedEx, USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Guarantee against DOA.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by kneebuster; 09-27-2013 at 09:20 AM.
09-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
I am very interested in your camera. I have three questions: 1. Is it a K5 or K7? your ad listed both cameras. 2. what is the shutter count? 3. Do you have problems with focusing? I've read that with the IR conversion, focusing can become a problem.

Last edited by jnguyen; 09-26-2013 at 11:39 PM.
09-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks for pointing out the mistake on the ad. It is a K-7. I've fixed the title.

The shutter count is 7,916.

I never had focus issues. I almost always used this body with the 17-70mm I also have for sale. All of the attached IR shots were taken with that lens. I focus calibrated and used the AF Adjustment feature in the firmware, though it didn't require much, if any, as I recall. Unfortunately I reset the firmware to default settings and don't have the adjustment recorded.

This was the 3rd body I'd had converted to IR. The only reason it's for sale is I had a K-5 converted to full-spectrum and don't need both.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by kneebuster; 09-27-2013 at 07:43 AM.
09-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by kneebuster Quote
Thanks for pointing out the mistake on the ad. It is a K-7. I've fixed the title.

The shutter count is 7,916.

I never had focus issues. I almost always used this body with the 17-70mm I also have for sale. All of the attached IR shots were taken with that lens. I focus calibrated and used the AF Adjustment feature in the firmware, though it didn't require much, if any, as I recall. Unfortunately I reset the firmware to default settings and don't have the adjustment recorded.

This was the 3rd body I'd had converted to IR. The only reason it's for sale is I had a K-5 converted to full-spectrum and don't need both.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
PM sent. I am interested in the camera body only. Thank you.

09-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold and on its way. Thanks jnguyen.

Last edited by kneebuster; 09-27-2013 at 09:20 AM.